FC Zürich v Arsenal (EL) 1-2

Yes I know lol

1 Like

Haha! Yup, i looked at a few options but all considered that made the most sense. I head out Thurs morning back Friday

Costs are crazy but looks like EL is going to be the only way I can build up away points

1 Like

Yeah all 3 away games are 5.45pm and all home games are 8pm.

1 Like

Fair play, I usually try to make a weekend of it so the flights don’t feel as ridiculously priced. Mrs has an exam on Monday though so coming back a day early this time.

Hopefully some nice views on the way up to Baden Baden that make it worth the hassle coming back from there😅

1 Like

just give the kids/reserve players a shot in this one, they should beat them

Can’t remember the last time I was excited about watching our backup brigade play

3 Likes

Road to Budapest starts here, excellent final location.

Will head out there when we make it

Good reminder, booking the planes now.

4 Likes

Last time an arsenal fan booked a plane it was flying over the hawthorns

1 Like

Fucking poxy Europa league group games.

Think I’d rather go and watch Rory Twattlroy and Matt Fitztwatrick at the PGA on Thursday instead.

Really hate the long winded aimless group stage of the EL

1 Like

Europa League stuff doesn’t really get interesting until the knockout part. I know it’s important with what it brings in the end but the group stages are a slog to get through. Be great to get this one done and over with by the 4th game so we can just play a total second team.

Away games are always the tricky ones as some of these teams usually play like a prime Barca in front of their own fans. I definitely think Turner, Smith Rowe, Vieria, Tierney, Cedric, Holding, Tomiyasu, Nketiah, Marquinhos, Nelson should all get a run out in this one. Add some first teamers in the mix and on the bench just in case the second string don’t get the job done.

I go 2-1 Arsenal on this one.

Turner
Cedric Tomiyasu Holding Tierney
Smith Lokonga
Vieira
Marquinhos Nketiah ESR

Is Smith different from ESR?

Yeah it’s a youth prospect I think. John Smith?

1 Like

Matt Smith. He’s an FA Cup winner so maybe he can show our young guys what it takes to be successful.

Budapest is a phat night out.

Return tickets currently very cheap - might be worth a punt, then to swerve for tickets :sweat_smile:

Looks good as well.

In a lot of those Marquinhos comps from the u23s, Smith has looked really good actually

1 Like

Don’t want to be getting off to a losing start in the Europa.

Five at the back might not be a terrible shout.

-------------------Turner-------------------
-------Balding—Gabriel-----Tierney------
–Tomi-------------------------------------Zinchenko
---------------Lokonga—Vieira---------------------
–Marquinos-----Nketiah-------ESR----------

White on for Gabi or Lokonga to give them a rest.

3 Likes

I completely forgot that Soares existed. Swap him for Zinny.

1 Like