Favourite Arsenal match from before your time?

Winning the league at Old Trafford in 2002 if I was to pick another one

Got to be the 89’ league game at Anfield, even now when I watch it I feel like Thomas is going to get taken down.

That’s not before your time, matey :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not before your time.

@leper govern this a little, will ya, lad? :joy:

2 Likes

Before my time as an arsenal fan does that not count for my second one :joy:

Oh fucking hell then apart from 71 cup final theres not much else.
We where shit in the 60s and pathe news reels don’t count.

Fully expected some Herbert Chapman stuff from you :grin:

1 Like

I don’t need to govern @Calum

Westminster does that just fine.

2 Likes

:arteta:

1 Like

Arsenal vs Liverpool for the title is on ITV4 now, 1-0 to the Arsenal, Liverpool putting on the pressure. I wonder if We will get that second goal and take the title home, only 5 minutes left to play! :thinking:

Edit: forgot how intense this is, Richardson goes down with 2 minutes left to play after a Liverpool counter. They had the clock up on in the corner, time is ticking, really can’t envisage Arsenal wining this, 2 added and, literally seconds left to play when the ball goes to Thomas. Fucking hell this is the stuff heart attacks are made of!

5 Likes

Never gets old.

1 Like

Can’t ever remember seeing it in this quality.

Look at how miserable those Liverpool gits are.

It was a very watered down celebration for league winners. Even Georgie Graham telling all his players and staff to calm down at the final whistle.

John Aldridge pushes his international team-mate O’Leary away when he tries to acknowledge him at the end of the game

1 Like

Yeah just saw Steve Nicol during the game, probably why he hates Arsenal so much. Always talking shit on ESPN

Alan Hansen. Another bitter bastard. Almost revelled in it when we lost the league in 2005.

1 Like

Don’t forget, the Hillsborough tragedy was only a month before this…So, understandable that we didn’t go too mad with the celebrations, and also explains why the Liverpool players were very down…

2 Likes