Everton Vs Arsenal (PL)

Fucking myths about teams like this raising the game for fixtures like last night.
They done fuck all different to how theyve been playing. It was 2 gifted goals by us and a lack luster performance were we lost.
Everton are a nothing team like west ham. Flavour of the month teams when they win a few and under the radar sides that nobody talks about when they win 1 in 9 games.
Still stick with your delusion.

3 Likes

The same chelsea that finished 10th on 50 points last season?

You remember last season right, the season Leicester won the league?

Chelsea having a good run of form proves fuck all. Now stop bringing the mood down you old git. You are like a fucking Coldplay album.

1 Like

How annoying is that we plod along in the top 4 never really threatening to win the league whilst Chelsea have an utter garbage season smack bang in the Middle of two Championship winning seasons.

The difference being though that Chelsea and their players have winning mentality and pedigree.

1 Like

Or the same Chelsea that won the Premier League title? That fact and the good run could be prove the quality is there.

1 Like

My point exactly lads. On their day, anyone can beat anyone in the league.

1 Like

Hey at least we will be able to say we achieved more league points than Chelsea over the last 3 seasons, I wonder if we can get a trophy for that ?

Dude stop being a dick.

1 Like

Sure. Only we can’t beat certain teams consistently to be geniune contenders :wink:.

1 Like

@Aussiegooner why would you even like half this shit? Honestly man, do you not get bored of being sad all the time?

@Aussiegooner is most active when we’re losing lol. And even when we’re winning he’s hardly the forums biggest optimist.

2 Likes

Im pretty much around winning or losing I would have thought. But yeah its hard to get too excited even when we are winning as you know we will implode at some point in time for an extended period. I think we will avoid the complete implosion until Feb/ March as our run after City is very favourable until we play Chelsea.

Ffs Aus. :joy: :joy:

@SDGooner @Aussiegooner

Well I’ll be damned, if 40 points after 19 legs doesn’t set us up nicely to challenge for the title, I don’t know what will. Maybe you two cannot differentiate between challenging for the title and actually winning it, but if at 40 points after half the season is gone we are not in the game and our season is over, then you might as well just stop watching football.

The second part of the season is much more important than the first half (we should know that very well shouldn’t we) because you can make up what you have lost during the first 19 legs.At 40 points we are at a position to challenge, not to mention that we could be at 43 if we get a result in Manchester, but lets leave the ifs here. But no, the doom-bringers want us to feel all bad because they were shortsighted enough to believe we are going to go at Goodison and get all points and be like Chelsea.

And just so you know I don’t expect us to win the title, never did.

It’s funny how I expected us to lose to Everton, you didn’t, yet you call me deluded.

5 Likes

It doesn’t set us nicely up for a title challenge. Because there is almost a guarantee we willl loss points in a vast amount of games like at White Hart Lane and Brittania Stadium, against Mourinho for example and we needed a bigger buffer to compensate for those dropped points.

And yes. It is safe to assume Arsenal will not win at those places and against him.

In your graph the Champions averaged 43 points after 19 games and two out of five teams who got around 40 points after 10 games became Champions in ‘unique’ seasons when the Champion only needed 80 points. I don’t think that will be the case this season. So like I said 40 points after 19 games is not great.

Btw. I don’t want to be pessimistic. But seeing howWenger just can’t get over certain humps, yesterday being that the case again, there is just not that much indication things will be different.

2 Likes

After winning the PL the season before.

Just because they had a season where they did badly means nothing unless they don’t do anything about it, but they did do something about it.
They got a new manager, with new ideas, and they are back challenging fir the PL…

We drift along not getting anywhere near winning the league every season, but that’s ok, and we do nothing about it.
Chelsea have a season where they do badly and they do everything possible to change that.

You keep quoting great as if I ever said it was great.

Are we still in the title race? We are. Is our season over? It’s not.

Nice talking to you.

When you use the word ‘nicely’. I’d assume you think we’re in a very positive position regarding that. Which we are not.

The season is not over, but all you have to do is wait. It was nice to see how people got there hopes up, but one would have to know when we would come across these opponents we would drop points. Which inevitably happened.

1 Like

If you have 40 points or over after 19 legs you are in a nice positions to challenge for the title. 40 points is the divide. You still need to do your job over the second half of the season. If you have less than 40 points after 19 games you have a very big mountain to climb. I guess a great position to challenge for the title is to be first and with 6 points advantage over your opponents. Maybe Chelsea fans feel this way.

1 Like

To end up on 40 points after 19 we’d need to win the next 3 games. If we fail to do that and end up on less than 40 what does that say?