Everton

I’m older than you but younger than Stroller :wink:

There :sunglasses:

Tbh some of Henry biggest fans concede he’s not our best ever striker.
Think I’ve only ever seen people compare Bergkamp as a better player.

1 Like

I personally consider Henry to be too much of a journeyman to be our greatest player or striker.

Sure, he knocked in a few goals but I think he gets looked upon favorably for being able to deliver a solid shift whenever called upon.

Sometimes, as fans, we like to look back on things far more positively than perhaps we would have closer to the time.

2 Likes

One of your weaker efforts that is mate

3 Likes

Only to you who does not recognize the reference to a previous successful “Henry is a workhorse type player” troll. Perhaps I will have to retire this one now though lol

1 Like

You have to consider that Ancelotti has less to work with at Everton. I think Ancelotti is still a great manager just been unfairly treated by the big clubs he worked at prior to coming to Everton.

1 Like

Does he ? Besides from Aubameyang I don’t see any difference in the squads ATM, in fact Everton will start this season with a better midfield.

I guess the coming season will tell whether Ancelloti has been unlucky and whether Arteta is the real deal.

Right now, sure, but last aeason?

When they played us.

Richardson DCL

Sigurdsson Delph Schneiderlin Iwobi

Baines Holgate Mina Sidibe

Pick Ford

Average for a squad but an absolutely terrible first 11.

You people really let @DavidHillier work you into a shoot all the time, eh?

Damn, they play with 2 goalies?

2 Likes

What was our starting 11 when we played them ? Probably not flash either.

Eddie

Auba ozil pepe

Ceballos xhaka

Kola luiz mustafi hector

Leno

Its not even close, and I mostly hate our team.

1 Like

I’m the best there is, the best there was and…

(I always forget how that finishes :thinking:)

Actually when you look from the moment Arteta stepped in, the difference between the two is ‘only’ 3 points in 21 games (in favour of Solksjaer). That is with him signing 50 million Bruno Fernandes…

Yep.

Although you’re kinda reinforcing my point here lol.

There’s no way OGS or Lampard are better managers than Arteta. That’s why we’ll end up above both ManUre and Chelsea this season

Cmon Toffees

Wonder if we’ll see James, Allan and Doucoure all starting.

I hope so