Everton - Arsenal (PL) 0-1

The nature of our recent history at Goodison makes this a tough game irrespective of how terrible Everton are.

Worried.

Yup.

1 Like

We ain’t losing to these

A draw will actually not be a bad point here.

Depends on how our back 5 operate on the day.

@Bl1nk has two accounts?

A draw will be a bad point if you have title aspirations, you need 90 + to have chance at beating city, a draw at Everton means 4 points dropped to bottom half teams through 5 games.

1 Like

I agree. Though I’m personally of the view that we’re not ready to go again with the title this season, think we’ll be fighting Liverpool for 2nd place.

Yeah, we ain’t winning the title. Don’t even think we’ll be mathematically in with a chance by April, personally. Need to bury Everton, though.

I also agree us and Liverpool will be fighting it out for 2nd and 3rd.

But at this stage of the season the title still has to be the ambition, so I’m not going to be content with sharing the points at Everton despite our horrible record at the venue in recent times.

2 Likes

For me a Sunday arvo game is a 3 or 4am wakeup on a Monday morning. Much rather do that on a Saturday

2 Likes

Going for 6-0 Arsenal in this one.

Oh shit, football’s back. :partey:

When’s the last time we won in that shithole? Be very much like us to give them a lifeline after their poor start.

Think a 5-2 win in the 17/18 season.

2-0 to Everton. Pienaar and Tony Hibbert with the goals. COYG

2 Likes

Everton looked much better than Sheffield when I had the misfortune of tuning in to that game.

They’ve got some good players who are very physical, I don’t think they’re as bad as people make out. Especially at home with the atmosphere. Gonna be a tricky one.

2 Likes

Everton’s metrics aren’t as bad as the results suggest so far this season.

They do struggle to put the ball in the net always though, so hopefully that continues.

If there are concerns around Saka I wouldn’t mind us using a front 3 of Martinelli-Nketiah-Jesus.

Jesus can play across the front 3 with ease. Also an excuse to give Nketiah another well earned start.

3 Likes

Always very jittery when we play teams holding up the league. We need to go there , ram raid their goal and give Dyche what he deserves and that’s a damn good smacking .
Everton 0 The Arsenal 8

3 Likes

Scouse bastards

2 Likes