Evan Ferguson

In a way International is proper football as you can’t just spend money to improve on a position got to make it yourself.

We are in massive trouble if we’re looking to international football to be a beacon of incorruptible athletic competition :grinning:

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s going to be a star.
Made that second goal look way too easy. A prime Henry-esque curler.

With Brighton being the selling club, they are going to want a record breaking fee for Ferguson, so expect Man U or Chelsea to be paying 150m or more at the end of the season for him.

Eh?

1 Like

How can it “actually happen” if he has played a number of competitive games for Ireland lol.

Declan Rice played competitive games for Ireland before switching to England.

Nope. Only friendlies. It seems there’s been a slight change since anyway but he’ll be ineligible for anyone but Ireland by the end of the international break.

1 Like

I’ve known since day one this boy is going to be a star, our new striker for next summer

1 Like

A serious talent, if he avoids injuries and sticks with Brighton for another two or so seasons and keeps on getting better and better. Any top team that gets him will have a top class striker for good decade or more. Any club will be paying crazy money to get him though.

[quote=“LukeTheGooner, post:29, topic:5845, full:true”]
I’ve known since day one this boy is going to be a star [/quote]

Must be exciting for you having been at the birth and then seeing him doing so well now

1 Like

I’m actually his dad

You can switch if you’ve played I think it’s less than three games at senior level. He’s already said he won’t.

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1698304368380895401?t=puGUUD_nytOLPpofqWJ2wA&s=19

Crazy boi. His value goes up another £50m and his profile skyrockets. Should be declaring for England asap, after all he is half English.

Respect him if he sticks with Ireland tbf.

5 Likes

It’s not really the way these things work though is it?

He grew up in Ireland and played all his football here until he was 16. He doesn’t feel anything other than Irish.

10 Likes

Dunno if he is ignorant or arrogant lol

1 Like

Yep. Fuck England. Arrogant bastards.

Hope he smashes it for Ireland. Be good to see them at a World Cup.again.

His agent should be chipping away at him to declare for England. Big money there to be made.

1 Like

He is in the Ireland squad. He’ll be locked in on Thursday and this nonsense can then stop

1 Like