Emiliano Martinez

Doesn’t really matter, the fact that we did it a year later proved that it was always possible.

A lot can change in a year tbf. Average performances coupled with contract going into their last year works against them.

Emi’s value at the start of 19/20 was probably around the 2mil mark. For us to get 20+m at the end of a purple patch was actually great business at the time. Glad we have Ramsdale now who’s distrubution is up there with the best.

3 Likes

Leno was tugging himself off prior to selling Martinez saying he loves being the number one and then last season totally flipped his story and not wanting to sign a new contract.

I really like Ramsdale. From what he says or previous fan opinion is that he’s affected by confidence, so it will be interesting to see how he fares when there’s some turbulence at some point this season.

He gains a footing by being the endearing chap he is, so he has that buffer with the fans straight away.

Would loved to have kept Emi at the club and shifted Leno on imagine if we had him and Ramsdale fighting for the spot - would have been awesome :star_struck:!?

1 Like

Not really, Leno is a much better keeper than Emi ever will be… So, we have two very good keepers here already !

If by ever you mean 2021

1 Like
2 Likes

Lololol

1 Like

this guy is unbelievable and not in a good way

Arsenal fans on twitter are a bit obsessed imo. Should always be proud if you get praise. He did play well but he isn’t as cool as Ramo so unlucky Emi

2 Likes

Amended for accuracy.

1 Like

They made Baklava for the technical challenge on the Great British Bake Off tonight!

2 Likes

Emi Fraudinez

2 Likes

Why?

Yeah Ramsdale shits all over this guy

1 Like

Agreed.

The real frauds are the people who hated on poor innocent Ramsdale because they were butthurt he wasn’t Emi Martinez.

3 Likes

Would never be me :kroenke:

1 Like

By this point I genuinely barely remember who it was I just like to twist the knife because I know it was like 80 percent of the forum

1 Like

I was more pissed at the fee because I thought he’d be backup to Leno. If I knew he’d be our number 1 I don’t think I’d have been as critical