Emiliano Martinez

Oh gosh no I can’t be bothered, I think I’ll sub in @Phoebica for that

Although I have absolute 0 motivation to work today so could be a way to pass the time.

Why do you hate desserts?

1 Like

No thanks, you’re much more pleasant to converse with.

Haha, I don’t hate puddings, I actually have a pretty bad sweet tooth lol, though I guess the focus there is more on sweets and chocolate.

I just think starters are boss, prefer savoury stuff in a restaurant to go with my booze lol.

No can do. I agree with Jake. I tend to go for starters/sides more than desserts. I make an exception for sticky toffee pudding.

1 Like

I satisfy my hunger with starters and can’t be arsed with mains.

1 Like

Kunefe bro

1 Like

Fair points, if I’m completely honest I usually find that after a start + main I’m so full that if I have a dessert I’ll be so bloated that it just won’t feel worth it.

And even though I love a dessert, I have a hard time saying no to some of the starters on offer, usually crispy squid etc.

Fuck me I love some crispy squid or calamari.

As @Phoebica points out I often find dessert menus to be a bit samey or boring but I can never skip over the old Sticky Toffee pudding. That is an absolute classic and potentially GOAT dessert.

1 Like

Starters always feel like a con to me. 1/4 portion of the main for 1/2 of the price.

Also if you’ve selected your main adequately, then you’re already having a wonderful savory dish so I don’t think you need a second one over a lovely dessert.

6 Likes

Never had that one before but it looks delicious.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been very disappointed with starter portions for a while now.

A pub near me does huge starters for £8-9 which I think is fair.

Got some double cooked wings as a starter as a little snack and ended up getting 12 wings which I thought was a fantastic deal.

1 Like

Try Marina in Woodford. Went there for New Years a few years ago and the food was exceptional :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Ex wife lives there I’d sooner shit in my hands and clap than go to eat food directly in her neck of the woods.

11 Likes

I second this mate. I really enjoyed eating here :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Easy maths : Main dish + Dessert >>> Starters + Main dish.

3 Likes

Is the easy maths based on total calories?

It’s a shame @SRCJJ 's restraining order won’t allow him to visit :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Both taste and calories, although I find myself taking the other option regularly to even the intake tbh.

Put me down in the main + dessert camp

Sides and starters only fill you up so you don’t enjoy the main as much.

A lesson I’m learning the hard way.

6 Likes

As someone who only really eats desserts when I eat out it’s always mains + dessert over starters

1 Like

Starter+main+dessert

Anything other than the above then you might aswell stay at home and have a salad

1 Like

Try Cazbar in Baltimore on Charles Street.

Strong coffee, babaganush, döners and belly dancing on Saturdays.

2 Likes