Edu Gaspar

I should have been more specific. I meant going cheap relative to the fee we’d have paid Leeds for Raphinha.

It would be in that 30-35m price bracket, similar to what the club is supposed to be paying Porto for Vieira.

It’s certainly not a Marquinhos-style punt, but it’s not 55-60m either.

EDIT: Wingers are out there, wide forwards are out there. There’s a shit load of guys playing that position. I have to believe there’s talent available to bring in at that price bracket (or in the 45-50m range) if the club want to do it. My fear, again, is that they’re not going to be able to get it done. Yes, it’s not even 1 July yet, but preseason starts in like what? Eight days?

But if your prepared to go high, carry on in that level then.
Why go low now. We have shown the intent.

1 Like

I get that but just because we were willing to spend 50-55 on Raphinha doesn’t mean we should overlook the possibility Frankfurt might take 45-50m for Borre (a player I think is just the bee’s knees).

(Best sung in a Northern Ireland accent)

7 Likes

Why do you have pictures from my wedding reception? Little odd.

1 Like

Mod perks.

Make sure you delete all the stuff from the end of the night. Can’t have pictures of that floating around if I ever try running for a judgeship.

I’ve only watched a few Frankfurt games but isn’t Borre more of a centre forward?

He plays there but I think he can play alone, as part of a two or the right wing.

With the five sub rule if we’re playing a 4-3-3, you realistically need five guys who have the same talent floor (if that makes sense) so you can Frankenstein different combos from match to make or within matches.

And it’s not like we’re actually looking at him, he’s just a guy I enjoy watching.

40-50m, Gnabry fits that category

It’s 50m but he’d devour this new sacred wage structure.

1 Like

I’ve never heard this much bitching about wages before honestly.

It’s one of the advantages this club has in terms of attracting elite level talent, you nerf yourself if you’re unwilling to consider players because they go over the £25k mark

1 Like

I think we’re gonna hear more and more about it over the next five to ten years.

Big clubs can obviously make mistakes with transfers but the only way out is if the player is on a wage a team “lower” in the pecking order can handle. If Pepe wasn’t on such a high wage we’d have an easier time moving him.

2 Likes

Gnabry or Sterling would be our star. We need a name brand. Who cares if they’re warning 100k more than the top guy? They’ve won a lot more.

3 Likes

Doubt we can get either though.

Todays the day

Be prepared for a surprise or two, got a little feeling…

1 Like

Just hope we’re not signing fucking Noa Lang

2 Likes

Why not? Purely on the perceived attitude issue?

Not perceived, he played in the Netherlands and his behaviour in Belgium is wel reported over here. He can play football, but not good enough to put up with his character for me.

1 Like

back to square one, is this the risk that we want to take?

There is no top player out there, asking for market value (or below), willing to play for Arsenal, loyal to the club, and only receive cheap wages. Like all wins for Arsenal.

50m to get Gnabry is already below market value IMO, if it was other team they would be asking 60-70m. I don’t see why we are bitching the wages that much IF we can afford it.

1 Like