Eddie Nketiah (14)

Would be a good fee, but hard to see why Brighton think this is the answer to their goal problems. He’s got pretty much no pedigree in any English league other than the U23. Then he’s got a run of goals in U21 qualifying. It’s a big punt for them that could easily backfire. I’d like it to work out though.

1 Like

Nah, these players scream “last week of the window”.
Market has finally set off, it’s gonna be wild once PL begins and the teams that start worse than others are put under pressure.
We’re probably gonna be one of those teams too.

On Eddie, he’s looked very impressive this preseason. He absolutely shouldn’t waste another season not playing consistently.

Nketiah to cure goalscoring woes :ozil:

1 Like

Don’t know what you’re banging on about mate, Nketiah is full of promise, has a bright future ahead of him. Can see him being Englands #9 one day.

3 Likes

I’d go for Armstrong if I were BHA

Ssssh

3 Likes

I’d be very happy if we could get 40-45 million between he and Willock.

2 Likes
1 Like

£10m now or nothing next summer :grin:

2 Likes

Chelsea getting €50m for Tammy and €30m for Zouma. Meanwhile we struggle to sell any of our players :sob:

Maybe squeeze them for £12m. Otherwise just fucking take the 10m. Seriously need to start shipping players out.

On a side note, never understand why English journos report UK transfers in Euros.

And how the fuck is Zouma worth £25m?

2 Likes

That’s a great price for Eddie from Palace’s PIC

I’d take £10m with sell ons and bonuses

1 Like

Others clubs sell their average players for decent sums, while we struggle to get even pennies for similar or even slightly better players.

Ever since Michael Edwards became their sporting director, Liverpool have generated some £270m by selling players. They’re selling players like Brewster for £25m while we struggle to get decent money for Nketiah who’s better than him. No wonder we find ourselves in such a mess with such grossly incompetent people running the club.

1 Like

Could’ve probably knocked 15-20 off the White deal :man_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

A year left in his contract, Arteta refusing to use him in the second half of the season and even went as far using a false 9 in one of the most important games of the season when he was the only striker available, yet we’re asking for 20m? :rofl:

2 Likes

It would not surprise at all if this was true.

Falls in line with the shite that has been going on for almost two years

1 Like

Most likely £10m and Arsenal probably felt that could get a better price elsewhere.

Just like Chelsea have done before us, keep these youngsters around until they have a coming of age moment. It may not happen and you miss out on the £10m you rejected 2 years ago.

But if it does, you make at least double. First we’ve got to tie Eddie down for a few more years, but that doesn’t seem likely at the minute.

Eddie should be making his own noises to get out at this stage. He’s no future here. 10m is plenty. Get it done.

2 Likes

That’s what Reiss and Eddie seem to be doing. Ainsley has even done interviews about it. :rofl:

If he is smart, Eddie should stick around get out on free and have more options than just Brighton and Crystal Palace.

1 Like