Eddie Nketiah (14)

Leeds sold us a dream! First Emery with his impressive presentation and then them! PowerPoint can fuck off. Next time we have to make a decision, we should just pick a name out of a hat, would be just as effective.

Loan him out again. Let Nketiah get actual first team experience, which will increase his market of potential buyers in the summer if we decide to sell.

1 Like

I don’t know that he has huge potential, but I had to vote for that option as it is the only one that gave us the most sensible option of loaning him.

The best option to me seems to be to loan him and let him continue scoring goals and building his reputation, then we should get a better sum for him when we do well him, which seems by far the most likely outcome.

I don’t want to rush it and sell him for 15m mid season to a desperate club when we could possibly get double that by selling at the right time.

4 Likes

Reading the paper, it sounds like he isn’t being given enough time despite scoring 5 in 13

1 Like

He’s been doing well at Leeds in terms of giving them a goal here and there mostly from the bench, but there’s a reason he isn’t playing the role he wants, and that’s because he just isn’t good enough all-round to play in a good system.

He’s a good poacher, who’s kinda zippy and will score by getting on the end of good pieces of play, but he doesn’t have the hold-up or link play to be a valuable option for a decent side or even for an average one to build around.

He isn’t supremely talented and his ceiling appears to be a decent pro. He will probably eke out a few years of being a ‘promising’ player before hitting his level.

Look for him to bang in 6 goals in 34 appearances for a 16th place side in a few years time.

3 Likes

For some reason, he feels like a Fraizer Campbell level guy lol

2 Likes

While I wouldn’t disagree with most of this Aubameyang, Walcott and Michael Owen made careers our of offering the same. Albeit with probably much more talent.

I agree with this but then it baffles me as to why they made such a big effort to sign him when it was clear from the get go what kind of player he was.

2 Likes

You kinda made your own counter-argument there lol

Yeah, hearing all that stuff about Leeds wowing us with the presentations seems a bit odd now.

Oh look Arsenal with another cheap solution.

I’d imagine we’d be looking to loan him out again tbh.

4 Likes

Mate I’m just negative as fuck with the club right now and I get open goal like this I’m taking it.

2 Likes

Apparently in the negotiations, he was meant to be starting more often, and it’s not happened.

Would be happy to see him loaned out to somewhere that doesn’t lead us up the garden path!

How can you negotiate like that to another sides aspirations.

1 Like

Yea fair enough, I’m always just inclined to wait until the thing happens to be negative. Another loan is the most obvious outcome here. Better to try that than just leave him there rotting on the Leeds sub bench.

2 Likes

Should have signed for Bristol. Bumford’s been used to the dirty work of the lower leagues. At the moment, Eddie’s asked to learn to be a glorified Championship striker or stay in the fringe.

Just get him sold. He’s tainted by association with Leeds now.

2 Likes

Both Unai Emery and Leeds United fooled us with PowerPoint presentations. Smh. We’re a doormat.

4 Likes

Recall and keep him.

Getting the same amount of game time at Leeds as he would here.

And would be a good option possibly to bring on.

He’d be better off learning and training with us.

1 Like