Eddie Nketiah (14)

Eddie being judged against Son was a good laugh

1 Like

Sorry, teach me. Why is Nketiah better than Werner? Genuinely intrigued.

1 Like

I agree with this. Nketiah as back up would be much less of a worry for me if we had a killer on the wing, who we can rely upon for 15 plus goals . Our rivals apart from United have this.

1 Like

You’re missing the point. If Kane gets injured, who traditionally starts as striker for Spurs? When Laca got injured last season or started acting like a DM, who started for us?

It’s a logical comparison.

Well in case of United and Spurs, they play Son/Kane and Ron/Rashford together in the same team generally so those guys aren’t really backups if they are regular starters.

How much of Julian Alvarez have you watched btw?

I actually agree with the overall premise of wanting better attacking depth, I just think the way you are illustrating it doesn’t make sense because reallocating other starting players to another role weakens the player’s original role and creates a wider argument.

3 Likes

“Nketiah has shown himself to have a good all round game with an eye for goal and plenty of promise I’d take that as a second choice option over spunking loads of money on another player who may not even need to be called upon anyway.

Nketiah isn’t our issue, we need stronger wide players not a better second choice striker“

You wrote, rudely might I add, “what am I reading” in response to my post and then effectively agreed with something not dissimilar to me. And wrote something that agreed with what I was saying.

Idiot.

I’ve watched hardly any of Alvarez, I won’t lie about it but he clearly seems to have something special. Would I swap him for Nketiah? Yes. Have City downgraded from Jesus to Alvarez, I think so. He is the one who I’ve suggested stands out in the list with Nketiah.

Back up means ‘if something goes wrong’ or ‘in case of energency’ right? I’m not saying they are squad players but simply they will start as CF if the main man gets injured and there is historical proof of this.

It just so happens that our starting widemen don’t play CF for us. I mean Mane was arguably Liverpool main striker last season even though he is known as a winger.

We don’t have the additional wide forward and Eddie is weaker than the next option of all our rivals. The initial post was that I’m all for saving money on a second striker of we bring in a killer wide forward. Raphinha, Saka and Nketiah is very different to Martinelli/ESR, Saka and Nketiah as two unproven Prem players as Saka. It’s not rocket science.

You’ve tried too hard.

1 Like

The amount of posts on ten minutes of football he played on Friday night.

2 Likes

‘I’m not really convinced that’s a list of players that’s significantly better than what Eddie can offer us and the one that obviously is (Son) isn’t best deployed as a striker anyway.’

The what am I reading is in reference to that. A list of international players (bar Alvarez) who have significantly more league goals than Nketiah not being noticeably better is ludicrous.

Mate, if we judged it on ten minutes on Friday - we’re winning the league and Eddie is hitting 15.

Pre season and Friday was quality stuff. Xhaka, Nketiah, Tomi (fitness wise) and the unreliable nature of our wide left options are literally the only potential weaknesses that I can see. The signs are promising.

Eddie looks sharp. Good cameo.

“Big” clubs second striker:

Spuds: Richarlison - is not even a pure striker

Pool: Firmino - Washed up lesbian hairdresser

Chelsea: Werner?? leleleelel

City: nobdy

Yanited: Martial?? lelele

Eddie being our second option doesnt ring alarm bells for me atm.

7 Likes

As mentioned, Eddie has improved. If we get a goal scoring winger, I’m not overly concerned. If we don’t and Eddie has to play a lot of leasure games, we aren’t getting top 4.

1 Like

Anyway, I’m stopping now.

Good to see so many of the fanbase on here believe in Edward. Let’s hope he can deliver.

1 Like

Dw, I don’t think he’s had his tablets this morning.

He isn’t? His goalscoring record in his last LC and EL campaigns beg to differ.
He didn’t have a problem getting goals against PL sides late last season that actually gave us the chance at Top 4 when it looked like we slipped after the losses to Palace, Southampton and Brighton.

I can’t believe how far some people will go to try and prove a point, especially one which has been created.

If people are happy with Eddie then good for them. If Jesus is the only addition to our attack, I’m not including Marquinos, I’m worried and annoyed as we aren’t that far from a squad that can compete.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone’s saying that. I think if you ask most people they would prefer a wide forward that has the capacity to play up front if needed.

They do however disagree that Eddie isn’t a good backup striker.

If I had a choice between getting a pure striker or a versatile forward I would go for the latter. In fact, so would you. You’re telling me you would rather someone like DCL over your boy Rashford who can sort out multiple positions up front?

2 Likes

No, I would definitely prefer a wide forward and Rashford over DCL. The fact so many pushed back on Nketiah being no weaker than our rivals options was eye opening.

Only United out of our rivals don’t have a prolific, proven wide forward and Rashford and Martial would argue that.

We need to invest in our forward line or Eddie is an issue for me. He wasn’t when we looked to be landing Raphinha.

1 Like