Eddie Nketiah (14)

He is getting braver

1 Like

He looked good tbf

4 Likes

I have been up & down with Eddie over the years; however looking back to his performance last season, I am really glad we kept him as a backup to Jesus.
Nketiah had been very tidy & is growing in confidence. I am really curious how he does this season

4 Likes

This type of striker I don’t like. Arsenal need good striker like Wilson, very good, score many goals.
This Arsenal FC.

I’ve always liked him and was happy he signed a new contract.
I think he’ll have a big season, especially as we have European football which means he’ll get a lot more games than in previous seasons.

I can see him getting well into double figures this season and even playing regular first team football.

2 Likes

Not sure how he will play in the new season, but at least I am happy that he earned his new contract.
He deserved that long waited chance.

2 Likes

I think he’s going to have a really solid season for us. Seems to have developed an extra burst of acceleration, taking the ball cleanly in tight areas, turning defenders and driving with the ball.

He performed well last season when we were playing survivalball, but with the team playing without the handbrake on, he could really shine.

I’m looking forward to seeing how he performs and develops in this team.

11 Likes

Can see him 10 goals in the group stages of EL.
Looks very, very hungry.
Ghana are probably rubbing their hands as well ahead of the WC.

He always seem to be great in pre season. He Will get be getting a lot of minutes, in the Europa as well …we will definitely see Jesus off either wing if needed. We’ll probably see Jesus Nketiah Saka together a lot of times this season.

2 Likes

He just looked like a way more refined player, even in the short time he was on the pitch yesterday. At times, he almost looked like he had that Arshavin, Berbatov etc nonchalance. Not sure where the balls on him have come from, but he had this languid idgaf aura, then he’d turn on his acceleration and he was suddenly causing problems.

Looks a different animal.

It could easily be down to living in the shadow of Aubameyang and Lacazette, and then when given a chance, the pressure to just get results at any cost. Seemed in his shell last season. But I watched him last night and saw this almost “I’m better than everybody on the pitch” confidence. Maybe I’m reading way too much into it but I was mega impressed.

7 Likes

Yup, something has changed in him. Extremely confident player on the pitch now

2 Likes

He is definitely full of confidence and knows it and he is also a lot better at stuff Such as when to to link or turn his man. Looks Better Physically as well.

1 Like

Seems to be more confident about getting involved in the build up which is great thing for him considering he really did almost nothing there about a year ago.

He could play quite an important role this season.

2 Likes

Needless to say, I’m on the Nketiah hype train

8 Likes

I also felt he had a different pep in his step which was nice to see, as you mentioned. he is not big so he has to be something else, fast is good.

2 Likes

its the 14 shirt…it has imparted some Henry powers :henry2:

Nketiah could be one of our best attacking players, if he gets a decent run in the first team.
He puts defenders and GK’s under pressure, forcing mistakes, which he did so well last season.
If he continues this form, I could see him getting fifteen goals or more.

1 Like

Friendly football the definitive ruling on a player’s status.

1 Like

I really like how Nketiah has been progressing since he came into the fold over Lacazette. Confident he could surprise quite a few people and be valuable for us this season. Excellent timing for the squad if he keeps going with some class acquisitions through the door.

3 Likes

Back around 2019-2021 I was very high on Nketiah and touted him to have a bright future if we gave him a chance. I think that might finally come to fruition this year and I hope it does.

I don’t know what my general thoughts about him was prior to his run this season but 2019-21 I know I was high on him

3 Likes