Eredivisie

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKCxB1zlOJH/?igshid=1b6z7mzzvf5wo

Good goal too

Man I love that kit.

2 Likes

This is a terrible week for Ajax…

@Forever FFS.

The UEFA disciplinary body has imposed a twelve-month suspension on Andre Onana due to the finding of a doping violation, Ajax reports in a press release. The 24-year-old goalkeeper was found, after an ‘out of competition’ check on October 30 last year, the substance Furosemide in his urine. The suspension is effective from today and applies to all football activities, both national and international.

Onana knows how he took the drug. The Cameroonian declares that he has not felt well on October 30 and has taken a tablet for it. In addition, Onana unknowingly took the drug Lasimac, a drug that his wife had previously been prescribed. The UEFA Disciplinary Body acknowledges that Onana did not intend to cheat, but UEFA states under applicable anti-doping rules that an athlete has a duty at all times to ensure that no prohibited substances are the body.

Ajax and Onana are appealing against the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). “We explicitly renounce performance-enhancing drugs, we obviously stand for a clean sport”, says managing director Edwin van der Sar. "This is a terrible setback, for André himself but certainly also for us as a club. André is a top keeper, who has proven his worth for Ajax for years and is very popular with the fans. We had hoped for a conditional suspension or a lot of shorter suspension than these twelve months, because it was arguably not intended to strengthen his body and thus improve his performance. "

1 Like

12 months is insane - even after UEFA acknowledges themselves he didn’t take it with the intention to cheat! Unbelievable. Fuck the UEFA :frowning:

1 Like

Very harsh. Hopefully pulled way back on appeal.

1 Like

Not a single ‘against’ vote, @Bl1nk @Shill Lets do it.

Nice touch :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s fantastic.

This is great but how high were people exactly when they decided a giant plate was the appropriate trophy for the league champions. :grin:

My boyhood club NEC Nijmegen promoted to the Eredivisie last night, via playoffs. They finished 7th! In the league and picked up form at the right moment. Winning the quarter final 0-4, semi 3-0 and final 2-1.

Back in the Eredivisie after five seasons.

Some goal to win it, too.

5 Likes

So, the team you stopped supporting cos they weren’t as good as Ajax? :grin:

1 Like

Definitely :smiley:

3 Likes

Feyenoord’s best player (and captain) joins arch rivals Ajax

Probably joined Ajax so he could set this straight:

Love this kit. :fire: :fire: :fire:

4 Likes

That is very cool tbf

Still bothers me that the sponsor says Ziggo and not Ziggy

I like Ziggo. They look fun. I’ve resisted the urge to Google who they are or what they do for many years for fear of them being something remarkably un-fun like an investment bank.

@Joshua has already bought it

I haven’t bought it yet. We had to double pay this month one for Maddie’s last portion of summer daycare and then prepay for her first month of daycare in September. :santi:

…but I’ll absolutely buy it at some point.

1 Like

Zigic is tall

4 Likes