Dune: Part Two

I’m seeing it in the IMAX Waterloo Nov 3 and I am absolutely buzzing.

I’m so hyped.

The spice must flow.

2 Likes

Please don’t press any spoilers cristoff.

Hahaha I won’t make that mistake again, I’ve read the book three times anyway so if anything I’ll be doing the spoiling haha

2 Likes

Nice review mate, agree with every word.

This is next level cinematic experience.

1 Like

Was going to leave a comment on similar lines. Watched on IMAX last night and I was pretty wowed. Audience reaction at the end seemed a bit muted but I think that was mainly linked to having to wait for Part Two now. Minor criticism is I thought Rebecca Ferguson was pretty limited in range of what she showed acting-wise, but that is probably more to do with the character, and what the Director wanted.

2 Likes

Hahaha nice title edit

2 Likes

Agree, Bene Gesserit design had a more striking appearance in the 1984 version too. I wanted to see more from Thufir too but I understand that the mentat concept is a little out there.

The Sardaukar scene and troop design blew my mind. Really glad they emphasized that in the theatrical version

2 Likes

Agreed, but only those people who read the book will have any idea who they are. I wish they had taken a minute to explain who the Sardaukar are, and the significance of them being used on Arrakis.

4 Likes

Yeah I would have liked to know the backstory on that since I never read the books.

Did you like the film?

The Sardaukar are the Emperor’s most elite shock troops so if they’re there…

1 Like

I didn’t dislike it. As a cinematic experience it was enjoyable, but it’s hard to judge when they’ve essentially released half a book. A book which was much more enthralling in the second half, than the first.

For me Dune only starts to get good when Paul is adopted by the Fremen (which is where the film ends), and the subsequent Battle of Arakeen, which we saw briefly in Paul’s premonitions.

3 Likes

Btw should I add spoilers to the thread title or are we still ok?

1 Like

Put spoilers, not everyone in the forum is an nerd that read the book(although they should read it) or already saw the movie.

1 Like

The book is nearly 60 years old. Not sure we need spoilers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Official confirmation. Finally.

2 Likes

It did have a fantastic opening box office.

$40.1m during a pandemic with it also launching on a streaming service (watched by 2m households) is amazing.

Was pretty much always guaranteed to get a part 2 anyway given that Mad Max lost WB money and it still got a sequel.

Absolutely buzzing!

2 Likes

It’s such a long wait for you as well haha. When did you say you’re going?

1 Like

November 3rd lol

I mean I’ve been waiting for this film since it was announced in 2018 and I re-read the book when it was announced as well haha

1 Like

Watching this on a stream at the moment instead of going cinema. It’s alright but definitely wouldn’t say spectacular like the hype suggests. Hopefully part two will impress me far more.

There’s your issue

3 Likes