Denis Suárez

Yeah but the hope is that people have to stick around actually talk to us before figuring that out :grin:

2 Likes

Tbf it’s a forum for arsenal fans, what kind of expectation do you think people have of our sanity?

1 Like

CvNwWPNXYAI4KLk

10 Likes

Man i have no idea whats going on lol. Its a good forum as far as i can see

1 Like

You betting against us have ruined you.

I didn’t read up all the way to the original statement, but somewhere I read “Grumpy Kangaroo”.

Not gonna lie, the two corners of my mouth curled up when I read it and envisioned it.

1 Like

It certainly hasn’t ruined my finances

3 Likes

Have a bad feeling this will look like one of the most bizarre transfers we’ve made ever in hindsight, Källström levels.
6 months isn’t a long of time and I can’t see us buying him for the rumored 20 million. The thing is, players are returning and I believe at some point Unai will give in and play Ozil and Ramsey again which would deem Denis surplus, hanging out with Carl in the stands.

Hes had 2 fifteen minute run outs. Cant take anyone serious judging him on this. Clearly people wanting him to fail with Ozil agendas.

4 Likes

He’s barely registered yet to be honest. Not done anything that stands out for good or bad to be judged on

3 Likes

I honestly don’t understand why we don’t play Suarez-Ozil-Mkhitaryan with Laca or Auba in front.

No point having two great poachers if no one can pass a fucking ball forward to them.

10 Likes

Because hard work.

2 Likes

This is athletics don’t you know?

The way Emery doesn’t seem to focus or count on creativity spells disaster.

1 Like

My favorite part is you’ve got Iwobi on because he tracks back and puts in a shift and then he gives the ball away 30 seconds into the game at City and immediately makes his defensive prowess redundant.

You’ve got a back 5/3 to try and shore up the defensive side things and we can’t keep a clean sheet to save our fucking lives.

At a certain point you just have to look at the games as potential -1 to Arsenal and get decent enough attackers to get the 2-3 goals needed to win a game. We’ve literally turned into 1 nil to whoever is playing The Arsenal.

2 Likes

Emery will have us playing with 11 Welbecks and Iwobi type players because that running ability tho

2 Likes

Need to start some games to judge him well.

Why not? If Emery likes him and Raul knows him I doubt either are going to be swayed by a couple of anonymous bench appearances.

We weren’t looking at defenders (which is what we were in most need of in the short term), supposedly because we had too many on the books which shouldn’t really be a reason that affects January loan business, and we were also looking at players in positions that could have been played by Ozil or Ramsey, so the number of bodies on the books could equally apply there too.

I seem to be in the minority here but I believe Suarez and Nkunku would both have been permanent Welbeck and Ramsey replacements, and all the loan bullshit was just some kind of black magic to circumvent some accounting or budget restriction.

It’s just conjecture but it looked to me like we were putting in far more effort than you’d expect for an end of January panic loan to fill up spaces.

@Calum I assume Unai Emery isn’t your manager anymore ?

1 Like

He still is but he’s not as solid as before. Still gonna give him the summer to see what happens. He still might be the first Arsenal manager to win us a European trophy for the first time in 20 odd years

I’d be utterly stunned if he wins us the Europa League, I think we’ll progress vs Bate and it’s true we have to Atletico in the competition this season, but I still think we’ll struggle vs a handful of the remaining teams.