Denis Suárez

Can’t still judge him.

That’s not what I asked. I asked people what they thought about his debut for us.

Sad reality of this signing is he was so frozen out that he’s bound to be miles off of match sharpness. 24 mins in the CL, 17 mins in the league, 216 CDR mins, 180 of which was against a 3rd tier side last year.

It could be that we can’t really evaluate him until March, then he has 2 months to get himself a contract.

3 Likes

Barely got on the ball, judge him after Huddersfield assuming he starts

1 Like

I thought he was poor watching it live, then someone just sent me the YouTube clip of all his involvement in the 25 mins, I advise none of you to watch it.

The fact Bumery thinks this guy is better than Ozil is going to be pretty funny though :joy:.

Game was done and we were shot to bits by then. Really dont think Ozil could have coped with the pace of Sundays game.

Yeah the game was well and truly done I’m not debating that, but you’d think he would have been keen to make some sort of good first impression though.

He was lightweight much like Ozil getting bumped off the ball, but without the quality when he did infact get the ball haha.

When a player is of such lightweight build, you need other extremely talented assets to succeed in the Premier League. We’ll see how this transforms in the next 4 months but I’m not expecting much.

We had no shape by the time he came on. Hope he gets some real minutes next week at Huddersfield.

If we aren’t judging him at all vs City, it’s unfair to judge him vs Huddersfield either for different reasons.

Well it depends how long he gets surely. Hes been here about 4 days cant expect him to turn a 3 1 scoreline round against city.
I mean hes at best going to give us a bit of balance and an option from midfield. Dont think anyone sees him as stellar signing.

You can only judge the data we have to go on. Certainly a nervous debut for 25 minutes in a game we were struggling with is less valid than a game he starts. But bottom line, give him until end of year before we evaluate what’s next… he has barely even practiced with his teammates.

1 Like

How is it even remotely fair to judge someone with limited minutes this season coming on as a second half substitute in a game where we were clearly significantly behind our opposition?

You’re relentlessly negative.

13 Likes

I’m just asking what people thought of his debut ? You’re are allowed to rate a players performance yes ?

Btw your mate Doozi was our best player outfield player by some distance, so that’s some positivity for you.

1 fucking game FFS!

1 Like

If I was rating performances I’d be tempted to give him a n/a since it was such a limited time and exposure. He did nothing special but let him gel with teammates for a week or two and shake off jitters.

1 Like

You’re practically salivating at the prospect of him failing. It’s pathethic.

10 Likes

Attacking players generally do better against none top 6. I think Suarez in his final season for Liverpool barely scored in top 6 games.

He’s just played 30 minutes in a new league against one of the world’s best pressing sides who kept doubling up on him.

I’d absolutely put more weight on what he does in a full 90 against lower end opponents where he has more time and space on the ball.

This needs to fucking die. So unbelievably lame

9 Likes

Not even rolling the R either!!

Aussie gooner vs OA on the last couple of threads I’ve been on has been some great lunchtime reading :joy::popcorn:

3 Likes