Denis Suárez

Hopefully he can put in a few decent shifts for us before he goes back to sitting in the Nou Camp stands next season.

or maybe if he does well for us he maybe can stay

2 Likes

Yeah I’d still be reluctant with only a 4 month sample size, if we want to build a title winning squad over the next 2-3 seasons Suárez won’t be the answer. Unless you mean as a squad player ?

well he is better than a lot we have, so yes a squad player would be good…i mean we have looked at ramsey for fucking ages and he is inconsistent and sometimes at best just good. I feel that Suarez has more to off than the departing Ramsey. We arent gonna be getting too many WC players so we will just have to build a squad with good quality talent and let them play together and grow as players.

WC players werent WC straight away anyway, most times they gain a reputation, look at Harry Kane, Griezmann etc they were considered to begin with as just ‘good’ player. Only a few you can tell with certainty will turn to be WC, like Messi, Cr7, Mbappe etc.

2 Likes

Ramsey is s better footballer than Suárez although they are different players so it’s not really a comparison to make.

Ramsey has end product, where as Suárez is a dribbler with no end product. Ramsey has had season in terms of goals and assists domestically that has matched what Suárez has done in his career.

Overall I’ll keep calm for now though as I didn’t want us wasting money on average talent in January. The summer transfer window is just unbelievably huge for us, let’s pray we have money to spend.

1 Like

What are you basing this statement on? You have watched alot of villareal, Sevilla and Barca Cup matches?

6 Likes

so why has barca never gone in for ramsey but swooped for suarez. Only reason he is not being played is because of Valverde and there are a lot of Barca fans that dont like him as a manager.

I love the way that for soooooooooooooo long Ramsey has not been good enough for a huge amount of our fans but the second he is going ‘he is a better footballer than…’ which is it. Ramsey has his good point yes but he is far inconsistent and he isnt as good as people suddenly feel he is.

I feel many people are underwhelmed by Suarez esepecially because he is a loan deal and maybe we might buy him in the summer. Why not give him a chance to be ‘shit’ or ‘poor’ let him play a few games for us until the end of the season and see what happens. I feel people are too quick to judge him and turn their nose up at him because of the circumstances of his move. Gotta remember that he was good enough for barca to sign him in the first place…give him a chance before rating him as poor.

1 Like

Plenty of players were alright, then switched teams and were great. Just saying.

1 Like

I fear this too. Fans are stubborn, and as an individual I can’t change that but now he’s here why don’t we start from a clean palette and judge him on what he does for us.

At this very point in time, I see no reason to not get behind him.

1 Like

Ramsey is inconsistent I agree, but he’s still better than Suárez, just because Barca signed him doesn’t mean he’s any good, they like most clubs have signed a fair chunk of scrubs over the years.

Yeah the times I’ve watched him in La Liga, admittedly that’s not many of late as he has been sitting in the stands.

So a player does for us and then he has to go back to his home club? WTF!?

Bit confused here… What difference does it make if, as you’ve said Suarez will head back to Barca this summer? It’s not like Suarez would be Ramsey’s replacement in that scenario.

Seems like a pretty pointless signing. It’s nice to get numbers in but it’s basically a Mkhitaryan in a better headspace. We were in no shortage of wide and midfield playmakers.

Look forward to seeing how he gets on anyway.

It makes no difference, I’m not fussed about Loaning him 4 months.

I’m not the one that initially bought Ramsey into this conversation.

We’ve no idea what Emery/Raul’s opinion is of the current options though. Half of them could be cleared out this summer for all we know. This window was the first chance for Raul to act without Gazidis.

I don’t think it’s a loan, it’s a technicality to have the budget to sign him. Unless he’s a total disaster or severely injured in the next 4 months I’m pretty sure this is basically going to be a signing. It seemed like a lot of effort to go through to borrow a player for 3.5 months.

Imagine if this dude is actually awesome for us.

He will be. Guy is spanish we don’t sign a bad Spanish player.

1 Like

Welcome Denis, lets hope your contribution secures a top four spot!

2 Likes

This makes a lot of sense actually. I hope you’re wrong haha. But since Arsenal refused it as an obligation it will be a trial period for Suarez I reckon.