Declan Rice (done and dusted)

He’s not moving to the farmersliga

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1663262161248964609

Yeah, it’s still up to us to fuck it seems.

1 Like

I’m completely unperturbed by these Bayern links.

3 Likes

The guardian know ball.

https://twitter.com/zrafc/status/1663266943619481626?s=46&t=LlMNFvsPPy2ozwuX8FhQrA

Sky Germany reporter needs to get his L handed to him

5 Likes

I really hope we pull this off, purely because my West Ham mate is so adamant that Arsenal won’t sign him. He said he’ll change his name to Shirley if this happens. I’m looking forward to calling him Shirley.

1 Like

Yeah I think it is reliable, chelsea mate has always said tuchel really wanted him while he was at Chelsea.

So it’s tuchel driven from Bayern side but I’m not sure that’ll be enough to make him go there. A free league title every season sure but I think competing for the PL is a better prospect.

Tbf, I can believe what he’s saying.

Bayern want him and he would be open to joining them. Arsenal are currently ahead though.

I think all can be true and he can still join Arsenal in the end.

If I was him I would keep my options open too.

While undoubtedly he’s a good player, I think he has to control his temperament. He strikes me as a bit of a hothead watching some of his performances.

Surely you can’t be serious?

1 Like

Look kid, my name is Roger Murdock.

3 Likes

This would be the statement signing of the summer in the PL if we get this over the line. Huge.

Beyond Haaland who was as close as you can get to a sure thing, who were the other statement signings last summer? Antony? Darwin? Bissouma? Mudryk? Enzo?

I don’t care if the other PL teams or pundits think it’s a good signing as long as we have a plan for him. They’re already predicting we’ll scrap it out for a top four spot next season anyway.

1 Like

Haaland was the only real one major statement signing lasts summer I’d say.

Reckon this summer the Rice move would probably only be eclipsed by a Kane transfer.

Ffs, huge package.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1663271355742126081?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

Wouldn’t be the first time we’d been dunked on by Bayern’s huge package.

2 Likes

Can’t see him going to Bayern, the only thing they’re doing here is raising the price.

I genuinely think this is a big move for him. It tests him at a level that nothing else could. That Bayern team is historically stacked and also comes with giant expectations of competing on all fronts every single season.

As much as I’d love him here I’d commend the player if he took the challenge in Germany.

3 Likes

What challenge?

6 Likes

There is a lot of pressure that comes with playing at a team like Bayern Munich. Whether we want to accept it or not - they’re a European super club with massive history behind them. Plenty of top talents have been there in recent years and not been able to live up to expectations. Look at how Mane has struggled as a very recent example.

Rice will be moving from a mid table PL team to one of Europe’s biggest ever clubs where his every performance is scrutinised and where he is expected to be a key part of a team that wants to win every competition every year.

If I’m Rice I’m taking that Bayern move without any hesitation. That’s huge.

2 Likes

If I’m Rice I’m staying in the PL tbh, he’ll get good money wherever he goes, it’s his own country and the best league in the world.

4 Likes