Declan Rice (done and dusted)

The difference between Rice and Caicedo is one is a leader who can play multiple roles and the other could just be a brilliant system player.

Could be very wrong though and Caicedo is very young. Could easily be one that we would regret missing out on and Arteta clearly rates him.

1 Like

Caciedo isn’t a game changer.

Rice is. If we end up with him over Rice I will be severely devastated

3 Likes

I mean generally I respect your views on midfielders so hope you’re right on rice tbh.

I think the difference with signing him is that we’ve actually compiled a squad where 10/11 players we’re all pretty happy with.

Xhaka has been great this year but it’s pretty clear he’s still the spot to upgrade, so from that perspective I understand why people are talking about rice like the missing piece. I just don’t think it’s the end of the world if we don’t sign him and I don’t love the fees touted. I think we could improve more overall for that money.

2 Likes

Rice won’t ever be as good as Gerrard.

2 Likes

Why thank you good sir.

I mean I’m purposely overdoing it but I’ve been a massive fan of his, for the last two seasons especially. He has added much more to his game including ball carries, progressive passes, distance covered etc. He’s on his way to becoming a complete midfielder IMO. He needs a good coach to get him to the next level and I hope it’s ours.

3 Likes

Could De Bruyne alone make West Ham a much better team and to challenge? Nope.

If he could not make it, does it mean he is not good?

Simple playing for a relegation team cannot judge a player’s true ability.

1 Like

Well it seems the ones in favour have. Otherwise they wouldn’t back 90 million being spent.
Got this the wrong way round here pal.

2 Likes

Ffs, looks like we bottled another primary target.

https://twitter.com/plettigoal/status/1663223365635653636?s=46&t=AXaXFdGpC85RzXwk6DBMgA

I can’t see him going to Germany and can’t see Bayern being able to pay the same as other or another English PL club.

They can definitely compete financially if they really want to, however, I also don’t see him there.

2 Likes

He’s smart to keep his options open as others have said the Bayern move is a good one on paper. Still think we’re every bit as attractive though given what we’re trying to build.

1 Like

Twitter is going to milk this potential transfer story to the death aren’t they.

2 Likes

False fake fraud news.

Let’s get serious and go back to the real news that are saying he’s getting closer to us with every passing second.

:tomi:
:wright:

:tomi:

Sky running it now, too

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1663245286028738579

Don’t see that move materialising.

2 Likes

The dude that is reporting it is meant to be incredibly reliable for German news. I have no doubt there’s significant interest.

We were never going to get a free run at a player of this calibre it’s simply up to Edu and his team to sell the club to the player

1 Like

They can’t afford him. Bayern aren’t going to spend 90-100m on Rice. Doubt we will either tbh.

1 Like

There’s no way they can match the PL in terms of transfer fees, plus not their style. Our special knock will now be followed by a thud from the wad of cash we are going to be offering other clubs.

You’re underestimating them, they have money they just choose not to spend it like that but this is still a team that spent €80m on Hernandez and €67m on de Ligt.

They’ve just sacked their former CEO and sporting director and they clearly realise they’re falling behind so I’d expect them to make some big signings this summer, their team needs some fresh quality going forward and Rice would suit them very well.

I don’t doubt their interest or the fact they could go big for him if they really want him.

3 Likes

Yeah they have Laimer coming in too who was a Nagelsmann signing.

I can’t see Bayern paying that with thier issues at CF too, Arsenal can and should blow them out of the water with wage

1 Like