Declan Rice (done and dusted)

Lies.

You need a good Nein months, at least.

2 Likes

As someone who has been learning German the last few weeks, can confirm.

You transferring to the Bundesliga too? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

ITK Phoebica

1 Like

I did German at school and I’m still waiting to use the phrase:

Was is das?
Das ist ein strassenbahnhaltestelle.

Translation:

What is that?
That is a bus stop. :grinning:

1 Like

Been with a German girl for 6 years and can very much confirm it’s not easy in the slightest.

Spanish and French much easier imo.

2 Likes

Ahhh, eine schöne Mädchen

1 Like

Yeah I normally just call her ‘The Kraut’ but that works too.

1 Like

I’ve studied French and German in the past and picked up German far easier. Maybe it’s how your brain works :woman_shrugging: But to me, the deeper you get the harder French is, whereas I felt German went the other way and i can understand some German conversation far easier than French. Also, I read that German shares shares about 40% of its vocabulary with English, which makes sense.

Wouldn’t that make it 80%?

Yeah I get the point about it being more similar to English but I think it’s very hard to actually converse in compared to the other two.

Understanding German (orally and written) is probably easier or similar in fairness but actually being fluent in the speaking and pronunciation I find much harder. A lot stems from the horrible throaty sound in a lot of their words and the way they pronounce ‘R’s’ tbh. Can roll my R for days, the mrs can’t - yet I can’t get half the German sounds :grin:

If we do indeed sign Rice, I’ll be surprised if the deal doesn’t involve some player(s) going the other way. And I think that could be the sticking point, with WestHam wanting all cash and us wanting to do player + cash deal. This doesn’t feel like something that’ll be wrapped up in a few weeks. It’s got saga written all over it.

I mean sometimes if you want a player it just takes time.
He’s not your player for a start. The agent and player are going to listen to offers and not rush a decision.
No different to any other walk of life making the right decision and giving it some thought.

1 Like

Unless he has already made his mind up and knows where he wants to go, which is what sounds like has happened.

https://twitter.com/TalkingHighbury/status/1661677138368507907

Probably another one of those lead the races for 90 % of it but ultimately miss out.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1661685115099987969?s=20

“Man United agree terms with West Ham for Rice”

1 Like

So these guys have been strongly linked to Neymar, Rice, Mount and Kim Min-jae, all within a week.

Meanwhile, it doesn’t sounds like they’re anywhere near close to finalizing a potential sale.

I wonder if someone with an agenda is leaking these news.

United are always linked to a 1000 players because it drives clicks. I believe the Mount story but not sold on anything else.

They need a striker above all else and can’t really do anything until the club is sold anyway.

1 Like