Declan Rice (done and dusted)

Have you seen the Bayern team haha? It’s been full of world class players over its history.

If Rice was smart he’d be taking Bayern over every club linked to him. That’s a super club and a genuine European giant that are in the top 5 teams in Europe pretty much every season.

2 Likes

Yeah but the league is awful. No English player should move there over a premier league transfer

I dunno maybe I’m just biased, well obviously I am but his quality of life could be a lot better coming here. Gets to stay in his own country playing with teammates and friends. Not to mention he could develop roots at a club like Arsenal and become a mainstay and club hero if all goes to plan.

He’ll never have that in Germany and certainly not at Bayern.

If United or Chelsea weren’t such a mess I’d even consider them a better move for him. Not to mention we actually had an eye on the title, if I’m Rice I’m thinking I can have a go at that trophy over the next 5 years with this exceptional young Arsenal squad. As an Englishman I’m sure one EPL would mean the world over multiple domestic German titles.

Of course there’s the CL and that’s a big thing, but it’s never a given for any club, big or small. And it just so happens we’re finally back in that competition so why not dream with us.

4 Likes

Which is why, when Kane is out of contract… :pray:t6:

1 Like

Ew gross

Are you suggesting Sol Campbell MK2?

1 Like

It’s been a discussion multiple times on the forum recently and it makes me cringe every time. People lose all pride and dignity the minute silly season kicks off.

Fuck having Kane here, absolute cunt and he’s on the decline physically.

4 Likes

Well talking of silly season, I’ve just suggested on another thread that we’ll have Mbappe on a free for 2024-25. Personally, I’d sooner have Mbappe on a free than Kane.

Kane is tempting though, if only for the banter. Spurs fans would literally explode. Especially if he came to Arsenal and finally managed to win something! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My guy I think you need to step away from ultimate team for a bit lmao

2 Likes

Unlikely I know, but lets not put a ceiling on ourselves. We’ve had great strikers here in the past. If we have a big summer and did go on to win the league next year, maybe it is the type of club that Mbappe would be interested in. He was linked with Liverpool a while ago, when they were at the top, so why not Arsenal? City have Haaland so if he wanted to move to the PL, we would be a genuine option.

1 Like

No chance bayern pay the fee

If they decide to break all their existing structures to sign him and pay him 300k pw like rumoured then good luck to them.

Bayern hardly any bigger for him than us, they also got butt fucked by city this season.

Bayern is a good option though at 24. Three years of more or less guaranteed success and come back with peak years left in him.
Pep probably gone by then and the landscape changed here then.
Also going to a club with expectations and being around that culture is a great education.
Any of the other clubs outside City here are teams on potential only of a title.
A lot to be said for the Bayern move IMO.

3 Likes

The only good thing about the Bayern interest is that they won’t be taken the piss out of on the fee. If they say their limit is £70m then it should perhaps give West Ham a reality check on their price tag.

Will West Ham still demand and expect £100m+ from English clubs when another huge club values him at 30% less? I mean they’ll still demand as much as possible but it may have a dampening effect on their valuation.

2 Likes

Not looking about Rice. :santi:

The window isn’t even open and we’re missing out on our #1 target already. :grin:

insert BBQ pic

1 Like

@Stroller Interesting, but in your three/four year timeframe there could well be the Euro Super League - your “different landscape”, perhaps?

Ergo, we’re then in the same league as Bayern, as well as other clubs currently looking at Rice. And agreeing with your assessment of a few years with Bayern being good for him, I still choose to be banking on his staying in London. I hope so, anyway.

Germany is a great place to work and live. I’d choose it over the UK for sure.

But I hope Declan doesn’t :slight_smile:

2 Likes

German is an easy language to learn too - to a native English speaker anyway, lots of similarities.

2 Likes

That’s a load of scheisse

2 Likes

Not at all. Our drummer did six months at the Star Club in Hamburg back in the day and came home fluent af in German.

1 Like