Declan Rice (done and dusted)

Blows my mind how wrong some people are about Rice on here. Just because you all don’t see it yet doesn’t mean it isn’t there. Just wait till he moves to Man City and is putting in Motm performances every week.

4 Likes

Speaking from my own perspective;

I think the central midfielder market is much more well stacked than the striker market is.

There are going to be other players in Europe that are obtainable with Rice profile. That’s not the case with Kane. Outside of Benzema, there isn’t a better striker in Europe who can drop deep and play brilliant passes too.

If we had Kane this season I think we’d have plenty of extra points whereas if we had Rice I don’t think our position this season changes that much.

Rice may well be an incredible midfield signing for us but Kane, in this hypothetical scenario, is genuinely a transformative signing

1 Like

Yeh I agree with that I’m not talking about this hypothetical as such as just the overlapping arc of OA getting their jimmies rustled when people praise Rice.

Though in regard to the hypothetical do people think Kane has a lot of gas left in the tank? I usually don’t mind targeting older players but I really would worry that if a club spent £100m on Kane they might only get 1 or 2 seasons out of him.

People have been predicting Kane’s decline for about 5 years now. It feels like he basically always seems to have enough left in the tank to keep going. I attribute this seasons poor numbers to him being disillusioned with Levy, Spurs and the appointment of Nuno.

I pretty much think most signings are risks when all is said and done. Kane could come here and basically not fit into a system that doesn’t revolve solely around him the same way Rice could come here and really struggle to deal with the pressure and the type of football we’d want him to play.

All conjecture and hypotheticals obviously. But I think Kane is a less risky signing than Rice but Kane also comes with a higher actual single risk (his age/recent fitness)

Rice has a long way to go to reach Kane levels of getting away with nasty fouls and dives.

I wonder how much of the supposed anti-Arsenal bias would disappear overnight.

1 Like

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

5 Likes

Wrong decision. Rice will be a top, top midifielder in the PL. I can see him being very dominant in that central midfield position. He remains my No.1 transfer target this summer. If Chelsea end up fucked as a result of their sale, and we beat Man Utd to 4th place, we would be in with a shout if we were prepared to spend big on him.

Kane would be a misdirected marquee…yes it would be up there with Sol Campbell, but we need to think longer term.

1 Like

Get sick and tired of this age thing. Like why would 3 years of Kane not be good. Four years of young Eddie has done fuck all for us.

4 Likes

Kane is actually the closest thing to van Persie that we’re likely to see in this league. Clinical striker who has incredible vision / pass execution. His goal to game ratio is insane but his contribution to the build-up play is sensational as well. He’s got everything. Think van Persie was the more stylish, more technical forward with that extra 10% (eg those fucking mad volleys from the Song / Rooney passes) but Kane has been ultra consistent for literally 8 years. He’s already one of the best PL players of all time. Tbh he’s already a GOAT of this league and he’s 28.

Kane is a goal machine who makes the entire Spurs attack tick. What is even more impressive is that he evolved from being a poacher into this number 9 / number 10 hybrid.

He’s a phenomenal player but because the scum are a useless, bottling bunch of cunts who never win anything then he’ll probably never get the praise that other players get. And I hate saying this because he’s a Spurs player but he is that fucking good.

6 Likes

Shame he’s a cunt though

1 Like

So he’s exactly like RVP then

1 Like

Yeah but at least he was our cunt

He seems kind of a clunky runner though. Does that worry you?

ffs lol

10 Likes

I can’t give that a like, they’re talking like a muller rice and a muller corner are the same thing.

2 Likes

Maybe he doesn’t mull over corners as much he Muller Rice

Aren’t they??

God no man.

1 Like

Muller Rice is a rice pudding, not a yoghurt.

1 Like

But I thought the rice pudding had the little jam pot to go with it??