David Luiz

Nah I’m fine with moving him on as long as the answer isn’t Mari and or Holding being a starter in 21/22.

2 Likes

It’s not even a stat. Just sayin.

:thinking:

The tweet before that was about him leaving

I kinda want him to stay. Just don’t think we have better options.

1 Like

Just order him an uber ffs.

Nah, I love him and I genuinely think he’s our best CB on his day but I think the market for CB’s is a little stronger than it was two years ago when we signed him. We need to find a first teamer who can be relied upon for the next few years and build a relationship with Gabriel.

2 Likes

I know what we need, just don’t see it being a priority for the club. Midfield seems to be what they’re contracting on first, so I’d be happy with Luiz for 1 more year until we do have a suitable replacement at the back. But hey, if people are happy to see Mari or Holding starting a large proportion of games next season, then who am I to argue?!

Missed that one :grin: thought it was about to be announced that he was staying

Tbf, our priorities were RB, RCB and AM for a while now. Ornstein was reporting it late last year even. Fabrizio has been reporting similarly as well.

Doubt the club was gonna offer him a deal. His injuries started creeping up. I doubt he would have played much next season.

Reckon the club will wait for Saliba to come in evaluate where he stands. Depending on that we’ll move into the appropriate target.

1 Like

To what end? Luiz out of the 11 doesn’t move the needle for us in terms of top four contention. The guy is a liability in the backline and doesn’t have the talent for where we want to be as a PL side

We might aswell roll with Saliba as the starter and take the punches however they land with him rather than wasting playing time on a clown like Luiz for another year.

3 Likes

I love you sev and this has nothibg do with the point your making but you’ve now become Sev “Move the needle for me” Chenko! :joy:

We need to move the needle on a petition for Sham to put it under your profile pic!

2 Likes

It should be “GUT THE SQUAD” @RockyMaivia

I actually got the needle thing from @Darkseid :joy:

3 Likes

Sometimes Arsenal makes me want to move a needle carrying heroine into my veins so that I can descend into oblivion. Is that the kind of needle movement we’re talking about here?

4 Likes

If people tell me what they want I’ll do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah ‘GUT THE SQUAD’ movement, ahead of its time.

4 Likes

For some reason had the feeling he was still going to stay here. BUT HE IS REALLY LEAVING. Good times.

1 Like

Love this.
Also, fuck Koscielny.
David Luiz >>>> Koscielny

5 Likes

Yeah, because Luiz has done anything close to what Koscielny did for us.

What are you smoking

11 Likes

Thank goodness, serviceable player. But unneeded.

1 Like

I think that’s very fair.

Ideally the best thing would have been having Saliba here learning under Luiz this year, and being ready to take over the reins by now, allowing Luiz to leave.

But that hasn’t happened.

Oh well, I will appreciate what Luiz did and he seems to have been a lovely guy to have around. Wish him the best.

2 Likes