David Luiz

Saliba straight into my FPL team then.

No Holding to Newcastle either then.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely. Heā€™s staying put.

Yeah with Luiz injured that means weā€™ve only got Holding, Saliba and Gabriel as our CBS right?

Wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Tierney at LCB and Saka at LWB with Holding/Saliba/Gabriel occupying CB and RCB for the foreseeable future so that we have at least one CB on the bench.

So heā€™s either grand and will play or his neck is fucked and we just pissed away a years contract on him. Glad thatā€™s cleared up.

4 Likes

Lol that was my first thought. Had him him at one point, but took him out as I wanted to make sure I had 3 defenders whoā€™d definitely play.

1 Like

My only worry is that Holding and Gabriel get picked ahead of him at CB and RCB as I doubt Arteta will play all three of his remaining CBs in the starting lineup.

Could make Saka a good pick though as heā€™ll probably get significant minutes at LWB now with Tierney at LCB.

Granted, Iā€™ve hardly ever seen Saliba play, but given how much we paid, he bloody should be first choice!

Defo going to keep an eye on Saka. I reckon Arteta will alternate between him and Willian. I know both can play the other side, but I still see Willian alternating more with Saka than with Pepe. I think Pepe will be a mainstay this season.

3 Likes

Makes the Luiz injury all the more devo having to keep that hot garbage.

Good thing we have 94 back ups

1 Like

Shame 91 of them are injured

1 Like

Saliba-Holding-Gabriel CB trio on Saturday?
Dear godā€¦

Iā€™d play Mustafi ahead of the new signings at this point

1 Like

I would too. Fulham away is not a great tine to try out a new CB trio. Fucking hell, can they even communicate with eachother? :rofl:

Injured mate.

Holding will definitely start. Possibly with Tierney as CB. With either Gabriel or Saliba being the third one.

1 Like

I do think itā€™s likely to be Saliba - Holding - Tierney. Can Holding play in the middle there? Saliba has had more time with the squad and Gabriel is a left-footed CB bought to play on the left, so I donā€™t see him starting unless he is playing in the middle of a back 3.

Saka is definitely more interesting now. I still think Pepe and Willian can play together.

Would be interesting to see the following with the Luiz injury:
Emi
Saliba - Holding - Tierney
Bellerin - Ceballos - Xhaka - Saka
Willian
Pepe - Auba

Saliba and Gabriel can speak in French, not sure if Holding would follow!

If weā€™re keeping to the back 3 then Tierney may stay in as the left footed CB, along with Holding and Saliba

1 Like

We definitely need to cut this Willian as #10 talk out, asap.

3 Likes

Big blow. Luiz is pivotal to this back three not just defensively but his composure and confidence on the ball is a huge asset in how we play this system.

Would have been a lot easier to cope without one of the others tbh.

The contenders for me to cover that central CB spot in Luiz absence are Saliba, Mustafi, Chambers and Gabriel.

Arteta needs to decide which of them has the best combination of ability on the ball, can sweep well and defend deep.

1 Like

Why? Whatā€™s so wrong with it? Iā€™m not saying heā€™s always play there, but I can see using him there in a rotation against lesser opposition. And to be more exact, heā€™d be more of a false 9. Might be worth a try in these type of games. If it doesnā€™t work, move on.

I also wonder if he could make the adjustment to play deeper and more of a Cazorla type of role.

The problem is that Mustafi is still injured (I think) and Chambers is just back training so lacks fitness to start.