Darts

Cracking match ,
Smith vs Lowe is warming up nicely.
I don’t know about you Hills but Sid Waddell is sorely missed .
What a character he was .

1 Like

I was just thinking this, Ash!

While Wayne Mardle and John Part (what a player!) have a fantastic camaraderie, Waddell was someone you could learn from.

“Alex of Macedonia was 33 when he cried salt tears because he had no worlds left to conquer. Bristow’s only 29”

It’s funny how we identify with voices and they (literally) resonate more after death.

Waddell, Wogan, Freddie Mercury come to mind instantly

1 Like

Did you see the Sky Programme when Sid met Stephen Fry ?
Brilliant
Stephen Fry loves his darts and being an artisan of the English language him and Sid were a match made in tungsten heaven
‘ Happy as a pig in Chardonnay’
:joy::joy:

1 Like

I genuinely don’t think any commentator, in any sport, could be as learned as the late, great Sid Waddell.

John Gwynne provided the perfect foil to Sid. Dave Lanning RIP (first man to call a 9 darter on live TV) was also great as part of that famous threesome.

Makes me feel sad :pensive:

1 Like

Only back from the Tesco but just back in time to see Smith knocked out

Another seed bites the dust.

No darts til Monday now :pensive:

1 Like

Love Sid Waddell, without a doubt, one of the very best, and sorely missed…and I would also add the late Peter Alliss to that list of vocal entertainers…Also, a very clever man.

In fact, thinking about it, I would also add the early career of Jonathan Pearce, when he started, and was on Capital Gold, he was bright and incredibly entertaining…Still very good now, but was excellent in his early career…

2 Likes

Robot Wars?

2 Likes

Ever remember the news of the world competition.
Anybody could enter. Best of 3 legs final was on world of sport every year.

1 Like

@Ashgooner1

Cullen has just beaten Clayton in a sudden death leg.

100 left. Hits big 20. Two darts in hand. Tops. And tops again!

Snakebites been knocked out Hills
That was a shock . It’s warming up nicely now fella
Game on

1 Like

Can’t see past MvG for the whole thing now

I don’t know what it is, but i find MVG so unlikeable. I think it’s the way he carries himself. There is just something about him I really dislike.

1 Like

Bit like Djokovic. So so good but just a knob. Although I find van Gerwen likable away from the oche when I’ve seen interviews and stuff.

1 Like

MVG has to be the most unlikeable winner in ANY sport…I don’t know why, but even Klopp is more likeable than this guy…

Shall we blame @Bl1nk ? Sort your people out :smile:

1 Like

Yeah, sorry for that. Barney was a cunt too.

I don’t like van Gerwen either. It’s good to see him winning all the time but he annoys me in his interviews and it’s just this air about him.

1 Like

I didn’t mind Barney, and I don’t mind the arrogance, after all, any serial winners need that arrogant swagger…But MVG just comes across as a complete twat, don’t know why, he just does…

Did you guys ever even watch Phil Taylor in his pomp?

MvG is like a laconic Theo Walcott by comparison

Sorry have to disagree…Taylor was incredibly arrogant, but he was magic…I wanted him to win every time…which he usually did…The game is far worse without him…