Danny Welbeck

Finally another deadwood gone, good news

He’ll remain fit for the whole season, scoring a hat trick against us in each game, with all his goals clinically taken, without getting himself into a wide range of good positions only to miss…

1 Like

I really liked Danny, wish he coulda done more for us and be a bigger fan favorite, but we will always have that goal away at old Trafford when he sunk United in the FA cup. That was honestly 16m well spent as far as I’m concerned.

10 Likes

It sounds a bit silly but one of the main reasons I love that goal so much is that he properly celebrated it. Given the footballing world we live in you couldn’t have blamed him if he’d done the “respectful” bollocks but nope, he went for it. It’s just a shame we didn’t get to see him express the joy he got from sticking it in the net a little more often.

6 Likes

“shit, knew I forgot something”.

5 Likes

For real though, what’s up with the timing?
Our fans really are such sports, going along with it without questioning it. :rofl:

There’s a chance we send Dat Guy down to the Championship in the last game.
He gotta understand though, that’s what you get for joining that Deeney lad.

1 Like

Atleast he managed a cameo to score a goal of the season candidate.

Injured again?

A bit like Wilshire just way too injury prone, also only a year older then Jack at 29. Half decent player, who probably had a better career then he probably really should have. A PL title, two league cups, Two Charity Shields and Super Cup For Utd. Fa Cup and Charity Shield for us. Not a bad career for someone who probably punched above his weight. 232 apps with 72 goals isn’t great when you see the clubs he played for. Although he has 16 goals in 42 apps for England.

Handy player unlucky with injuries, probably at this point in his career he probably be doing well going aboard and trying his luck there.

6 Likes

Lucky to play for United.
To start his career for another (inferior) club, he would be exposed too much.

1 Like

I swear he was just playing the last few matches of the season just gone? Injured again during that short break? Smh :man_facepalming:t4:

Don’t think he is injured. Watford can’t keep up with his wages.

Wow his career gone to shit relatively quickly. I thought someone would want him, even just on loan.

He has been shit since leaving United.

1 Like

Also, during his time with united.

2 Likes

It’s probably wages that’s the main issue, but yeah when you look at him, Wilshere and Sturridge they’re going out with a whimper.

You can have plenty of talent as an athlete but when you don’t have a body built to house it you’re up shits creek, look at the likes of Gareth Barry and Mark Noble, not very talented but their ability to play game after game injury free for as long as they have is so important

4 Likes

A bit harsh calling him shit. His body is shit and injuries ruined him. Had the talent though, but so did Wilshere and Diaby. Which would make them shit too.

2 Likes

But doesn’t he have a well back?

4 Likes