Dani Ceballos

Commercial revenue is expected to jump £35-40M this year as several new deals come into effect so that should bring the club close to breakeven if costs and other revenue streams stay roughly constant (ie, no Champions League).

Whether its £190M or £230M, there really is no good reason to keep that much in the bank. No other top six club has regularly done this.

4 Likes

looks like he won a trophy for passing the medical

Like for cracking use of parenthesis.

This little fascist is a great fucking coup. Whether we get to keep him or not next summer we could hardly have dreamed of having at least for this upcoming season a replacement for Ramsey as good as Ceballos fall into our laps.

Now just waiting for the moral superiority brigade to say why they can’t support him in an Arsenal shirt. Ah, nvm, since his crimes occurred in Spanish, and not in England, and are mostly racist/fascist towards other sections of Spain, no one gives a fuck. Poor Luisito, if he only realised he could say whatever the fuck he wants without moral indignation, just make sure it took place in some second world country (praising Mousselini/encouraging him to rise from the grave and exterminate the left or saying bad shit about gays would’ve been cool, and wouldn’t’ve have come with any punishment, just make sure it was in Italian, in Italy, for example, #SarriKnos) that none of the social justice brigade gives a fuck about (nor most importantly know a fuck about, with apologies to the occasional magical wizard exception out there). But whatever you do, Luisito, don’t use the word that happens to be a false friend with an English semi-slur!!!

@Leper where art thou when we need you? To express the moral condemnation for this vile sort who seems destined to don an Arsenal shirt??

2 Likes

Loool

Tbh Arsenal could use a little Francoism rn.

Think this guy could be an actual improvement over Ramsey, not just a replacement.

Temporary or not, great coup (:henry2:)

This guy is a baller. Ramsey a running/stamina merchant.

2 Likes

Obvs, there’s a reason why Madrid has been so successful under the Ramos regime, despite him being mostly shite!

1 Like

Crowding the ref to get Sokratis sent off, in a friendly :giroud2:

Unreal mentality :giroud2:

1 Like

Fascist neck tattoos are clearly the way forward, whether barbaric people realise it or not.

I really find you so very patronising that I’m probably just going to ignore you in future. You just seem to pretend to know what I’m saying and misrepresent it so the discussion goes in circles rather than progressing to the real point. I find this very frustrating which is why I wonder what your real motivations are.

You say my only answer is spend more money (although now we’re in this mess I do think an investment is needed in the squad from the cash mountain). Actually I’ve never said that is the main answer. I’ve always said that mismanagement and the resultant waste of money has been the biggest problem. I think most fans would agree with that.

However after 11 years of Kroenke on the Board and as the guy with the power to be God at Arsenal (for most of it) because of his control it doesn’t wash to put all the blame on the team he hires. He’d have an excuse for a few years, but 11 years in to his tenure on the Board, this is no longer credible. The clubs decline and mismanagement just accelerated after Josh got involved 6 years back. So I place responsibility for mismanagement where it belongs - with the person who has all the ultimate control. It’s like when I see badly behaved kids in a restaurant- I don’t blame the kids I blame the parents - they’re the ones with control about how the kids turn out. Gazidis and Wenger did need to go but they were supplicant employees of the Kroenkes and now they’ve gone signs are still not good that the club is sorting out the mess. Indeed Josh says less rather than more change is the order of the day.

You can either choose to see where the true responsibility for long term failure lies or you can deny it but to me it’s clear. I’ve run privately owned businesses (where I wasn’t the controlling owner) for years and in the end it’s always the controlling owner who makes the long term success or not. I think we have a fundamental disagreement on this point and a lot of the circular go nowhere debate centres on this.

As this post is already long I won’t respond for now to your other points as we don’t seem to be able to get past first base with any discussion we have so far.

1 Like

Listing to the guardians football podcast couple year ago it was rumoured that wenger didn’t want ozil an that it was the board who pushed the deal through without wenger

1 Like

You what?

3 Likes

It’s now and hour past first thing today’s afternoon.

WHERE IS THE ANNOUNCEMENT?! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

Access denied :henry2: ITS BEING MADE NOW. And no it’s not a 404 page, they look like this:

https://www.arsenal.com/arsenal/players/lionel-messi

11 Likes

Wow this is elite bl1nk! :joy:

You are the new ORNY !

COMMUNICADO OFFICIAL INCOMING

3 Likes

Yeah I’m quite proud of myself on this one :mustafi:

They created the page, but it’s in concept mode. All that’s left is for someone to press the big green publish button.

3 Likes

:eyes: