Cycling

I’ve spent hours today watching the time trial, stage 20 of 21 of the Tour and on a time trial a near minute deficit turned into a near minute advantage by Tadej Podgacar. An incredible performance.

I know no one else cares. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Calum on his exercise bike will crunch these numbers I’m sure tonight after the match.

3 Likes

The excercise bike has been retired to the cupboard now. :joy:

Do it maybe once a week now

2 Likes

Like all exercise bikes before it. It’s that or they become a clothes rack.

9 Likes

And the all lose the tension in the end.

Green Jersey and a stage win for Sam Bennet. Amazing performance from him on this tour.

Look at this stupid cunt

3 Likes

Jesus

I had to check this was posted in 2023 and not 2020/21 lol

Come on VINGEGAARD !

1 Like

Only 10 seconds between Vingegaard and Pogacar. It takes longer to pee ffs

Pogacar and Vingegaard are both incredible riders! But I am with Vingegaard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The big question is if they will change to a lighter bike before the last climb og just continue with the heavier time trial bike.

1 Like

Vingegaard flying at the moment

2 Likes

Wow, what a ride from Vingegaard. Looks to have sealed the TDF with that ride.

3 Likes

Only catching the highlights now. That was incredible.

@Cristo why you not in here repping FFS!?

1 Like

I’m just not that into cycling but great to see Vingegaard doing well and hopefully sealing a second TDF win in a row!!

Always wonderful to see Danes doing well in various sports, just wish it was something like football that I follow on the regular haha

Edit: can someone explain to a layman like me why today was so special for Vingegaard?

Yea this is what I meant. I would expect to see you celebrating if a Dane won The Voice :grin:

It pretty much guarantees he will win the Tour again. Pogadcar have it everything he had today and came out of today almost 100 seconds further behind than he started it. He was the elite time trialist up until last year’s tour basically and now is being blown out of the water like this. It’s astounding.

1 Like

Because he put such a big distance between himself and the only real other challenger that it is now extremely unlikely he can be beaten.

1 Like

Yeah just doing some reading on it on Reddit, sounds like Vingegaard put down some absolutely unreal numbers and no-one saw it coming.

Is it worth watching a highlight on YouTube or is cycling one of those sports that doesn’t really watch well unless you get it?

Like for example I never watch tennis but even I could see this years Wimbledon final was special from the quality on display