Crystal Palace - Arsenal (PL) 0-1

Arteta needs to light a fire under these guys’ asses as I doubt we will be seeing a sub before 70 min mark

Its gonna be Martinelli or Saka to finally take on a man and get wide rather than cut back… need a late runner to slam it home then.

Nketiah, time to learn Arabic. I’m sorry.

Ahhh here come the knee jerk reactions. Seeing people blame Martinelli and our best attacker today Nketiah already.

1 Like

Kai Havertz has been really uninvolved once more. I’m okay if he’s playing upfront but at this moment in time, I’m not seeing enough from him in the midfield.

Trossard on and let him and Gabi cook

2 Likes

Bring in Gabriel CB, Partey in the middle and Ben White RB. I’d play Martinelli up front with Nketiah out wide or Trossard LW.

0-0 - all to play for. Calm down! Palace are good at home Remember they kept City at bay for ages last season!

2 Likes

The issue with the money invested in Havertz is that it means there’s a nagging feeling to play him from the off

Kinda feel he should have to earn his place in the team

3 Likes

Have people seen Havertz make a dozen runs in acres of space but our players being too scared to try the pass?

Saka does those constantly but he has White and Partey, Odegaard finding him.

Martinelli, Rice, Tomiyasu can’t do that. Zinchenko must be licking his lips seeing Havertz making all those runs.

5 Likes

Bring Zinny on. Our left side iS DEAD.

2 Likes

Finally someone who understands football lol.

Harvetz has found himself in good spaces, far apart from Crystal Palace’s RB. Issue is Tommy, he is unable to feed the ball through. This is where Zinny is essential as he plays crucial passes in such situations.

2 Likes

Would do later at around the 70th minute if we can’t unlock them.
Zinchenko for Partey essentially. Tomiyasu to move RCB, White RB.

Sometimes I’d wish we’d equal our attack via the Martinelli channel more. But maybe it’s a thing to mentally fatigue teams’ one side with the constant bombardment.

This, havertz makes a lot of clever runs and finds space, just none of our players are finding him

3 Likes

Teta out

Tall Fabio until he proves otherwise.

Our right hand side is too good so it makes sense to abuse that side. That rectangle of White, Partey, Odegaard and Saka is a joke. We created 3 big chances from that side.

Havertz will shine when Jesus comes back and Zinchenko is playing. Hopefully fans have the patience for it.

Not surprised by tonight’s performance so far, we’re clearly struggling to break them down, they’ve been well drilled defensively.

Nketiah has been brilliant in terms of getting into scoring positions, but his finishing is awful. He’s still our best attacking threat but that’s pretty sad tbh.

Odegaard can’t impose himself in midfield. Partey shouldn’t be in right back.

Don’t really understand why Arteta’s suddenly decided to go with this formation this season, other than forcing your £65m player in, even though this isn’t the game for him.

Just like the forest game, we’re trying to shoehorn all our attacking threat on the right side, Martinelli is getting no service what so ever, despite being clear and open.

Tomiyasu is getting absolutely skinned alive by Ayew.

Declan Rice has been impressive as the half has continued. His ability to ping the ball from left to right is great.

The one positive about our performance is how we’re mixing it up with long passes and over the top through balls.

I think our goal is coming, but I don’t trust our defence to keep a clean sheet here.

1 Like

he gets no service because all the passing goes to the right

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t mind Havertz and I expect him to work eventually but I think at this particular moment Trossard would be much more dangerous.

Havertz relies on his off the ball movement more, withouth doing much harm in the ball, and he’s not able to get into the right positions atm.

Trossard brings much more danger on the ball, while also being quite good off it.

Feels like he’s the perfect key to unlock this Palace defence playing in that pocket between Martinelli and Eddie, in front of the midfield.

I hope Arteta gets him on the pitch before it’s too late.