Cryptocurrency (nonce dollars)

What do people think about Theta?

EOS absolutely on one the last couple of days. Iā€™ve bailed on half my holding and am now in the profit territory. I have a sell point for the rest that I think it probably wonā€™t reach. Could be a good one to pick up again when the crash comes.

1 Like

Elon Musk is a fooking cunt.

1 Like

:joy: :joy:

Been holding off to pounce on something big that dipped, is this the window? :thinking:

Coinbase has crashed lol, are people trying to but the dip or sell?

Buy the dip. At least on Twitter and all. Mad bids put in the past 45 minutes. Or so people claim.

It is mad thoughā€¦ My small investment had risen by 50% this time yesterday, today though, its down by 25%ā€¦oh the joys of crypto!

I find it funny that people call betting in the financial markets investing, and betting on sports markets gambling.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Here you guys go - my analysis to provide some insight to calm the worried souls.

putā€™s where we are right now in really good context!

Simple calculations (used largely in VaR - simple risk measure in the banking world) based on 1375 observations covering August 17th '17 till May 21st '21. These BTCUSD closing values from Binance.

date format = dd/mm/yy

• the 1d values and comments give you a general indication of extremely short-minded performance. In my view, it gives a good context of how losses on a day to day basis stack up compared to the knowledge weā€™ve gained in the previous bull cycle that ran between Q3ā€™17 till mid Q1ā€™18.
  • The worst 1d returns within the tail of the distribution are still heavily biased towards the 2017-2018 cycle.
  • The existing bull cycle 1d returns (losses) should put into context whether we should be fearful or joyous. This data tells me we are extremely early in this bull cycle.
  • The 10d returns and results actually substantiate the immediate above claim of where we are in the cycle. The 10d distribution only has one data point relating to the current bull cycle - 19th May 2021. This makes me strongly believe that the dip saw on this day was actually a pre-requisite for the final bull market beginning (this is surprising even for me!)
  • The tail of the 10d returns should provide insight in that weā€™ve experienced much worse moves, largely caused by covid-19 and this was generally a system-wide sell off across all asset classes.
  • The second table represents the upside returns. Notice how much of the tail (both 1d and 10d returns) still consists of the previous 2017 bull cycle?

https://content.invisioncic.com/r263943/monthly_2021_05/image.thumb.png.301ebc7cee53c0919d8ba542b68b22f5.png

https://content.invisioncic.com/r263943/monthly_2021_05/image.thumb.png.73bfa04185017f6c5494f516fcc206c2.png

If we hold these levels we get to a complacency shoulder in the 48-52k region IMO. When we get there I will be selling pretty much the majority of my remaining btc balance. Nobody can tell you with certainty that we pump through to new highs or if we pull back and perma bull cycle is over for now. There is absolutely fair analysis to support both.

Iā€™ve made a lot of money the past year on crypto Iā€™m now at a level where I need to be in protect my capital mode. If we reject at that level, then Iā€™m protected. If we break through and hold above there I am absolutely fine buying back higher on confirmation knowing there is more to come.

@Naweed one thing Iā€™m considering as a key difference to 2017 Bitcoin top is this time billions of dollars of retail money were sucked into BSC (pink moon, shiba, safe moon etcetc) and also doge, combined with the coinbase IPO, none of which was happening last cycle. thereā€™s an argument that the reason we did not have a blow of top is because the final push which comes from retail hysteria was actually split across a few assets.

Apologies, i have been quite busy at work!

@Gunnerpr that is a valid point. However, majority of retail arenā€™t too smart into buying into BSC related tokens. It is quite difficult for a newcomer. Most new entrants only know of Bitcoin and would dabble into that. Personally, I am of the view that Bitcoin is pretty much done - I do anticipate BTC to move sideways but upwards over the course of a few months whilst the ALT cycle continues its bull cycle. However, i wouldnā€™t rule out BTC hitting $80K purely because of institutions continuing to take notice.

Iā€™ve increased my long XRP positions, and also taken a substantial position in BNB.

From my point of view, the bull cycle for alts is still in motion, and that we are in a period of consolidation given the starting of the bull cycle between November-March i.e. we need a period of stability and this is where we are. I do anticipate july for things to kick off again.

Just me or others are also receiving messages from Crypto consultants on Insta?

Nopeā€¦

Lmaoooooooo

Actual nonce dollars

10 Likes

This is a joke yeah?

1 Like

No. Think itā€™s only the UK that uses nonce the way we do.

1 Like

5 Likes

Missed a trick not including the follow up mate :grin:

5 Likes

Fucking hell :joy: