Cristiano Ronaldo

It sounds dumb but I associate the Juventus decline with the badge redesign. Shifting from a badge with historical significance to a logo that could be for a cologne, a beer, an upscale coffee shop, a waste management company, it was probably focus grouped to death to appeal to non football fans. Such a transparently desperate attempt to be a brand. Fuck Juventus. :mustafi:

4 Likes

This project also cost them Marotta and Allegri.

3 Likes

Not my :goat:

2 Likes

^ this basically sums it up. They shitcanned actual club legends but were willing to welcome Ronaldo with open arms. Heā€™s dragging them down and thereā€™s no market for him. You love to see it.

Also:

8 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Yikes

2 Likes

Should be someone lying on the floor behind that wall. Come on Juve, thatā€™s modern football!

1 Like

Thatā€™s well in reach of the keeper.

Woj and the wall both should have done better.

Wall? Donā€™t you mean the wide open door that is CR7s legs?

3 Likes

Italian clubs get shat upon for missing the commercial boat and that is a big reason of their competitive decline. But when they try to make those commercial changes and try to catch onā€¦they can also shat upon.

I still think Ronaldo isnā€™t the actual issue btw. I think Ramsey and Rabiot are. Both are shit players. That part of their team is just shit and doesnā€™t work out for them.

1 Like

Thatā€™s all on Woj, that free kick is slow, he has more than enough time to react once it beats the wall. Always been shite at judging ranged shots.

1 Like

I think Leno saves that

1 Like

Iā€™d say;

full backs are an issue. Alex Sandro is mainly terrible now and Cuadrado isnā€™t really a RB even if he does look good going forward (which is not surprising given heā€™s a right winger). Central midfield is a huge issue, they donā€™t have much quality there just a lot of really expensive CMs. Artur canā€™t stay fit, Bentancur never pushed on, Ramsey is shit and injured and Rabiot has been decent this season.

They donā€™t really have a striker anymore. CR7 is definitely on the brink of being finished despite his numbers (heā€™s got like 4-6 penalty goals in his goal total too but heā€™s largely not as impactful). Morata was a terrible decision to bring back too.

Kulu, Chiesa, De Ligt, Demiral all represent bright signings for the club but way too much money funnelled away in the last few years

:100:

4 Likes

Where was this against Porto :eyes:

1 Like

@Darkseid thatā€™s your answer

1 Like

CR7 has a message for the haters

1 Like

Can score all the hatricks he wants now.

No CL
Probably no Serie A

Itā€™s all good.

4 Likes