Cristiano Ronaldo

Great shout!

TV always scored a header

https://twitter.com/classicshirts/status/1688142368581591040

Bloody hell, they even have his signature CR7 on it.

2 Likes

That’s a lovely shirt.

I’d want to see the real version before passing judgement, cos the image there makes it look really cheap and shit. Like one of those fake kits on Pro Evo 3 or something.

If I were them I wouldn’t be dedicating a kit to him, just seems a bit over the top for me, but obviously a harmless thing to do, so whatever really.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s very weird to do a kit for Ronaldo imo. Comes across quite Spursy… :rofl:, he didn’t even do much at Sporting…

All about the :euro: really, let’s keep it real.

Ronaldo hardly done anything with Sporting other than shine for a year there as a youngster, attract interest from Man Utd and Arsenal and then bounce.
Nike is their sponsor so there’s a connection there with Ronaldo being the face of the brand still in regards to football.

Btw, I agree something looks off with the kit but that’s a pattern with Nike kits this season.

The man is still actively playing, not yet retired, and not yet dead.
IMO they just do this a bit too early.

1 Like

‘Cris’, what with all his sulking and throwing a strop, needs to be careful here. If you think the PGMOL are harsh for punishing dissent, wait until you get a load of MBS.

What a time to be alive

https://twitter.com/cristiano/status/1695768122811392418?s=46&t=eJpgg6uHWRsStnASv-OePg

“Did Kathryn Mayorga consent to having sex with you?”

4 Likes

https://x.com/newsxero/status/1709945733762494556?s=46

Does he have the charisma needed for that? Could see him playing second fiddle to a main host

Probably not, has he really ever hosted anything before? Think they should keep it simple. Just show him and his family at the event enjoying the show.

Knowing WWE though they’ll probably want to shoot an angle though. Probably the same deal as Rooney:

The plan is Cena(not AJ as originally believed) v Reigns. Could have a Cena/Ronaldo interaction and the commentary to give the whole “GOAT meets GOAT” schtick.

Btw, on an actual football topic, he is the top goalscorer and top assister in a league with Benzema, Mahrez, Mane, Firmino, Neymar, SMS, Malcom, Mitrovic among others.
Not bad for someone soon to be 39. :pires2:

I presume he is shooting for 1000 goals before he hangs the boots, so he’s around 150 goals away. Doubt he makes it though.

Is it getting a bit ridiculous with other players doing his celebration?

I really hope Saka and Martinelli don’t join the trend. Half of these guys look like twats when they do it.

4 Likes

Why don’t they copy his cojones celebration instead???

Horse has already bolted on this one

Blame the FIFA games. Once celebrations were added - I can first remember them on FIFA 11 - it was over. The increasing popularity of the game over the next decade to where we are today. Player celebrations are to be copied.

The same is true of the NFL and the NBA.

It just lame as hell. It’s not even cool celebrations either. It’s not like they’re doing the Drogba knee slide or something.

1 Like

Said it before that I found it ridiculous corny at first from Ronaldo but he has actually made it look cool, for him.

Whenever I see others do it they all look like clowns.