Cricket

Going to the wire this is.

Nah, the batsmen have put 20 runs too little on the board

Poor captaincy by Babar there relieving pressure from the quicks there.

Run rate climbing…

Scared for Shaheen’s knee

Smart decision to go off from Shaheen let’s not ruin his career

Stokes :sob: got beat like 11 times and now 2 boundaries.

A couple run out chances. Just wasn’t Pakistan’s day

Yeah, that should do it. Ben Stokes is like “let’s stop fucking about now”

1 Like

Ben Stokes mentality monster

Absolute legend of English white ball cricket

World champions, but we somehow lost to Ireland :sweat_smile:

You’d have smashed them if not for rain.

Hope Shaheen is ok

1 Like

Ah of course, wouldn’t be a victory without playing Sweet Caroline

We’ll take it :sunglasses:

Is this the same world cup you won in 2019?

Back to back world cups is impressive tbf

No, this was T20 cricket. And that was one day Cricket.

We’re champions in both formats now.

1 Like

As @Phoebica explained 2 different formats…

Aus won 4 in 5 in the 50 over format, 99, 03, 07 and 15… now that’s impressive :eye:

5 Likes

That was a great final to be honest. Pakistan were 15-20 runs short of making it seriously tough but their bowling is something else, made a good run chase so tough.

Unreal how good we’ve got at white ball cricket in the space if six years, so good to watch england :england:

2 Likes

Dw buddy

Your Aussie side of that 1999-2007 is still the best ever.

But I think yous will have to take T20 more serious from now on, it is here to stay

And is likely the future of cricket

1 Like

You’re right but I’ll forever remember the test sides over the shorter format. Lucky to see England win in 2019 and now but I honeslty look forward more to the ashes, plus our first series in Pakistan for a while coming up

1 Like

Who are these Pom no names in this ODI match

Another easy ODI win over England, series wrapped up 2-0.

1 Like

Inevitable given the squad. I don’t know why we bothered to be honest. If we’re not going to take it seriously, then don’t play at all!

1 Like

In some better news we beat England by 221 runs yesterday.

1 Like

Phil Hughes would have been 34 today, I still can’t believe that freak incident whilst playing cricket 8 years ago :disappointed:.

2 Likes

That was such a tragedy. He was such a promising talent. Just so unlucky to be hit like that. I remember Raman Lamba’s case, where he was hit on the head while fielding at forward shot leg and died a few days later, but he chose to not wear a helmet. Phil took every protective measure available at that time and still got hurt.

They changed the helmets to have additional protection at the back after that, although there is some debate on whether that would have saved Phil or not. But anytime anyone wears a helmet with that guard, they’ll remember Phil.

63 forever not out!!

1 Like