Cricket

Unfortunately tbh. Test cricket is still the best and most pure form and true test of superiority imo.

The weather in Aus atm is so wet which is a concern, can’t remember the last time we had this much rain consistently around.

2 Likes

I agree but big 3 just want to keep the tests between themselves.

Hopefully the test championship will change that.

But associates know they can’t grow their game that way yet.

The problem with the Championship is too many 2 test series, so over 4 year cycles you have the big 3 playing 45-50 tests and lots of other nations only playing 25-30.

I agree it’s absolutely worthwhile though and better than having nothing.

You know what, I’d love to see Australia host a test series between India and Pakistan given neither country does it at home.

1 Like

That’s it 2 tests and so many draws or no result series, a bit boring.

Bilaterals will never happen while BJP is in charge in India.

India don’t need Pakistan and Pakistan more and more don’t necessarily need India at this moment so it’s a pipe dream unfortunately.

1 Like

Absolutely pathetic batting from Pakistan Vs Zimbabwe.

Block shots, test cricket style. Making medium pacers look like peak McGrath or Brett Lee.

No intent.

I am disgusted

After the abomination of a group stage from the West Indies haven’t had the desire to watch another over.

1 Like

The hell happened to Pakistan. That loss was really pathetic. Such an easy target and yet they fell short. But you have to congratulate Zimbabwe. This is what I said earlier about T20. It’s a great leveler.

1 Like

Been raining in Melbourne all day today, hope it subsides a touch for England vs Australia.

Looks like rain is forecast in Melbourne every single day. Can’t we just move the games?!

Another complete washout/abandonment in the Afghanistan v Ireland game.

@Aussiegooner, does it normally rain this time of year down under?

This suggests that while you have rain during this time of the year, it’s never as much as it has been this year. But then that means ICC was aware that the weather might cause some disruption, which is just bad planning. The last thing you want is big games in a World Cup being decided by the rain.

Am sure the winter World Cup (FIFA) has something to do with this schedule.

Doesn’t normally rain as consistently as this mate.

It’s the middle of spring here and usually a mixed bag, you normally get nice days well into the mid to high 20, also mixed in with some cooler days.

@sunny310c average rainfall in October here is 65mm, this October so far we are at 136mm

So then there’s really not a lot ICC could have done. They’ll probably have a couple of reserve days for the Semis and Finals but the group stages will just be a toss of the coin, with regards to the weather.

I hate it when the weather conditions decide a game. Part of the reason I fell somewhat out of love with the sport (that and the match-fixing scandals). So much of games outcome depends on the toss. If it’s not the rain, it’s the due, or overcast conditions, or if it has rained the previous night with the covers causing sweating etc. It’s more of an issue with the longer format but still, would rather a sport where the conditions are the same for both teams and not decided on luck.

1 Like

Michael Vaughan is not amused :sweat_smile:

Rainy season is a bit of a reach, our months range from 45mm-65mm on average in Melbourne.

But yes it would be handy if we could move the game to Docklands.

A game which can’t be played under any sort of rain, and neither are most grounds equipped with covers nor are stadiums who have them are using them? Think it’s time ICC mandate every big stadium to have retractable roof covers if they don’t want entire tournaments to be washed off imo.

1 Like

Icc too busy bending over for that sweet IPL moolah to organise a pissup in a brewery.

Pathetic. How can there be no contingency for events in these nations known to have rain around this time.

Roofed stadium. Reserve days. Etc etc.

The results of these tournaments are a shambles when half the matches don’t actually get played.

2 Likes

Sri Lanka’s fielding has been diabolical tonight.

New Zealand looking good.

They are basically through after having 2 games, both completed and wins.

2 Likes

Done now. Maybe we can get over the hump in a tournament for once. :innocent:

Yeah fuck.

2015 WC
2019 WC
2021 T20 WC

All lost finals