Cricket

If Guptill was brown, he would hear no end of this WC.

1 Like

Why

I feel really sorry for New Zealand tbh. Weā€™ve done so well to recover from the awful 2015 WC and beating NZ and India then Australia.

The main thing is cricket is the true winner today. Hopefully another generation can get into the sport!

1 Like

For sure. I never watch Cricket but was fully invested in this final.

1 Like

Just someone to scapegoat for the loss.
Poor form throughout the WC, his throw hit Stokes bat for 4, the chance of redemption to win the match but couldnā€™t find 2 runs.

His runout won the India match though.

Yeah those runs that came off Stokes was like a Maradona moment. Not too infuriating when youā€™re the beneficiaries though.

1 Like

Ben stokes dragges these mugs to the world cup as well, unreal mentality.

What a killer.

Think he should have free reign to beat up as many night club bouncers as he wants from now on.

Love him. Ever since his hilarious sledging of Misbah

@Trion kinda glad England won, otherwise Rashid and Moeen especially would have been in for it.

Edit: been seeing on twitter that itā€™s a bit shit that the world cup was decided on goal difference basically, maybe there should have been another super over?

It was a great game and all, but whatever. I guess everyone knew what they needed to do at this time anyways.

Bring on the Ashes :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wait what I meant was if Guptill was in country like India or Pakistan where fans are weird for cricket

1 Like

Correction. This was the jammiest win in any sport of any kind ever. Couldnā€™t have imagined someone winning a world cup on the virtue of having hit more boundries to get the same # of runs.

Congratulations to England through

Still canā€™t get over that final. That finishā€¦ itā€™s unlikely weā€™ll see something like that in a World Cup final again. Such fine margins. We technically didnā€™t even win. Remarkable stuff.

1 Like

The most amazing game of cricket Iā€™ve ever seen. That was just so good and had me on the edge of my seat all day.

New Zealand very unlucky but Iā€™m delighted we won nonetheless. Both sides were very sporting at the end and I applaud the sporting comments made by the losing captain in particular.

I wish we saw such decency and sportsmanship in football.

1 Like

Loved that match. So flippin good

Should have been another super over tbh. Neither team is ever trying to hit more boundaries than the other so itā€™s not really a fair way of determining who the winner is.

Unbelievable that the game was tied in the first place, and then a tie in the fucking super over too.

We will never see a finish to a WC like that ever, ever again. Utter madness.

3 Likes

It was a dumb way to decide the world cup, but after the superover tie if they would have used any of the traditional methods, England would have won.
They had more points in the group stages, had better NRR, had beaten NZ on head to head and had a higher ODI ranking.

But it was stupid to take it to as far as it did. Superover is a silly t20 phenomenon that shouldnā€™t have been brought into this format. The game should have ended as a tie and both teams should have shared the trophy.

What? Noo.

2 Likes

What a fckn great game !? This World Cup was amazing :wink: Cricket :cricket_bat_and_ball: definitely lived up to the hype !!! England :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁄󠁮󠁧ó æ!!! Champions !!!

1 Like

So it came home?

The final of a lifetime. It simply doesnā€™t get any closer and more dramatic than that. NZ so hard done by. Itā€™s been a great tournament.

Amazing advert for the game and a massive congratulations to England.

Best world cup of all time?

Certainly the best iā€™ve seen. Beats 2011.