Chelsea

There’s more to his game than Vardy and he is the type you described.

I think he’ll be fine, isn’t the finished article by any means. Down the line Liverpool will regret not signing him IMO, he was perfect for them.

So you don’t think Werner will be the first choice striker for Chelsea from the get go?

I have that impression too and have heard many peoplay say Werner will flop because of that. But I am not entirely sure though. Werner is also very direct and clinical, has good decision making and off the ball movement as well. With the service from Pulisic, Ziyech and Havertz, I doubt he will have trouble finding chances to score.

I do not. Might even deploy Havertz there.

Havertz isn’t even a Chelsea player yet. Werner has been there all summer and is ready to go.

1 Like

Neat.

that’s pretty interesting. For me I see a guy who is 24 who comes over from a CL semi-finalist team where he got 30 something goals in a season, who would not expect to not start over 1) a younger player in Tammy who scored half his goals, 2) a 34yo (in a month) in Giroud, or 3) Havertz who is mostly an attacking midfielder who so far has worked behind a striker.

2 Likes

I’m choosing to believe you because you validate my FPL choices

I’m just stating facts. Werner chose not to play with RBL in the rest of the Champions League because he wanted to settle in at Chelsea. And he has played in their pre season matches.

How neat.

1 Like

I still like Tammy. He didn’t have a great time at the end of last season but.

:joy: :joy:

Ok, now it’s confirmed

If Chelsea don’t sign a new goalkeeper, I reckon they’ll resemble Brendan Rodger’s Liverpool.

Score for fun. Concede for fun. They’ll be a good watch next season if so.

1 Like

Can’t lie, I’m jealous.

That’s all I’ll add to this thread, thanks.

5 Likes

Me too. I do admire the guys who are saying they won’t jel etc etc. But there is still enough individual talent there to finish way above us. And when they do all jel, it definitely competes with Liverpool’s forward line.

1 Like

United looking like the weakest side in the top 4 and that’s still a pretty good 11. Feels like a closed shop for Arsenal atm

2 Likes

Yeah we’ll be floundering outside the Top 4 until we get our deadwood shipped and supplant players like Xhaka and Lacazette with top tier quality.

Why? Honestly. We had to deal with a couple of big injuries, Pepe’s first season, the shit that is Unai Emery. The signings Chelsea’s made are pretty great and United have their 14 game win streak, but I honestly don’t think that they grew so far away from us. Last season isn’t a fair representation of where we stand either imo.

1 Like

Valid but the creativity issue is a massive draw back for me, not sure Willian will be enough to fill the void and Ozil doesn’t appear to be in Arteta’s good books this season.

Pepe needs to step up but it feel we’re too reliance on Auba for goals atm.

United will add more defensive players for sure

Chelsea had a front 3 of Tammy Mount and Willian for most the season with Barkley as a number 10. Pulisic shouldn’t be injured much this season hopefully for them

Its gone from that to Werner ziyech pulisic with havertz behind.

That’s a disgusting upgrade. We have to gain 10 points by signing a ligue 1 cb who has played 40 games and a 32 year old cast off without even considering how much of an improvement they might make.