Chelsea

I don’t know how Chelsea do it?

Who would have thought that that spending billions on the best players to play under a succession of the best managers, then buying world class players to sit on the bench while accumulating Europe’s elite youth players would be successful?

They’re so good at finding talent they can even afford to let surplus players like Salah and De Bruyne go. :grinning:

What is truly great about Chelsea is that they’ve achieved all their success with a support base no bigger than that of West Ham or Aston Villa.

It’s amazing what a Russian crook can do to turn a club going out of business into the biggest plastic club in Europe by buying success.

4 Likes

What Chelsea have done well over the years is sign players like Azpecuilata types and get years of solid service out of them.
Ivanovic was another. Players who are dependable and give solid structure to the team. Get overlooked these signings and yeah Willian was another in that category too say nothing of Cech.

1 Like

True, but it’s rare to get perfect signings for those positions each time.

But at least they try to buy good players for positions, even if it doesn’t work out.

They also fire their manager the moment it looks like it’s not working, and don’t double down on a shitty manager.

1 Like

Yeah, Roman doesn’t play when it comes to that, both of their CL wins have come off the back of sacking coaches.

If only we had owners that were so decisive and cut throat.

2 Likes

Come on lol

Avram Grant, Scolari, Lampard, AVB, Di Matteo?

Only Mourinho and Ancelotti were genuine world class appointments.

Tuchel and AVB were managers with big reputations but that’s it

Can’t believe I’m hearing this from a man that’s adopted the moniker “ConteCuellar”

3 Likes

Chelsea have thrown so much money at their youth setup and senior squad transfers whilst keeping competent people in charge the consequence is always going to be some form of success.

Respect Cobham is basically respecting that Chelsea threw loads of money at attracting the best young English talent for the last 15-20 years and it’s not baring fruit.

They as a club can afford to sign shit players for high sums and simply replace said individual if he turns out to be shit lol

1 Like

Fuck me I forgot about Conte

5 Likes

Conte ?

Ok yep I’ve seen you’ve since added it :sunglasses:

12 points from their last 21 isn’t going to cut it competing against arguably the best 2 sides in the world for the title over 38 games.

Tuchel has taken Chelsea a long way in 12 months, but they aren’t ready to win the EPL yet.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re not built for a title challenge as they are, attack is too blunt and not consistent enough. Also the formation doesn’t lend itself to turning over teams consistently, playing one less attacker is not something you’d see from City or Liverpool on a consistent basis if at all.

Never quite got how they were labelled as favourites, winning the CL is a different animal to winning the PL especially with City and Liverpool as your rivals to the trophy. A third placed finish was the most likely outcome.

1 Like

I didn’t think they’d have much problems keeping pace to make 90 points which would be sufficient for a title race. Definitely wrong on that. Keep dropping too many games against weaker sides.

Not sure they were ever labelled as favourites with the bookies, think it was a few people on here that said it more or less.

Maybe not the bookies but I saw it quite a bit in the papers and pundits too.

The CL win had some gassed

1 Like

Ah well at least the rent boys are back in their box now and they’ll be all but out of it after they play Liverpool and City in Jan :balloon:

They need Aubameyang.

He’ll fire them to the title RVP style

A good striker can make up for a lot

5 Likes

Fuck Chelsea

1 Like

This is kind of a niggle that has some truth about it tbh.

2 Likes

Even if we sell Big Pierre for big money, selling him to that shithole would hurt.

It would be even further proof that we don’t actually have Arsenal men at the upper echelons of the club.

2 Likes

The spunked 115 mill on Lakaku didn’t they ?