Chelsea

Or just someone who is capable. Klopp, Guardiola and Tuchel needed no more than half a season to implement their ideas and really put their stamp on the clubs/team. The next step was getting the right quality players. Arteta doesn’t know what he wants and he can actually transmit to the team.

2 Likes

I agree, I would have been happy to give the likes of Conte, Tuchel or Allegri to keys to the club as they are proven.

2 Likes

Same can be said for Bielsa and Poch. My man went to Leeds and almost immediately had them playing his way, and it has definitely paid dividends. Guy is newly promoted from the championship lost a few key players from the beginning of the season haven’t had much investment and still managed to finish 9th, and they did it playing their way trying to win every game, relentlessly pressing and attacking.

Poch did the same at Southampton and then at Spurs. Arteta been here nearly 2 years and still no one knows what kind of football he’s trying to play.

I mention these two a lot because it just shows that you don’t need to have a squad like Chelsea, or PSG or Liverpool or Man Utd or hundreds of millions or the right players in the right positions to get your teams playing the way you want if your an actual experienced coach with convictions.

10 Likes

Nail. On. Fucking. Head.

4 Likes

Not entirely true. We know he wants to play the low block and build up play from the back to building attacks up slowly on the wings. We just don’t like it or think it’s a good idea for the most part.

If only Frank did a little bit better he wouldn’t have been sacked mid season and they wouldn’t have got Tuchel and wouldn’t be European Champions.

Fuck Frank

5 Likes

Despite them winning the CL twice , let’s face facts it’s not a Champions League, it’s a glorified FA Cup , Chelsea are a small club , they have no history. Who remembers Chelsea before Roman ?
Small club

2 Likes

Problem with this is how many people on here remember Chelsea being crap.
There’s more people here seen poor Arsenal sides than Chelsea ones.
In the end your age dictates how you see the game. It’s what’s relevant to them really Ash. There’s literally a generation who only know Chelsea as a big club. City won’t be far behind in a few more years.

5 Likes

I’m glad the three of us can remember how shit Chelsea were. They will be back there one day. I’m friggin sure of it.

Chelsea in the 70’s was THE place to be…They were still shite, but they had some fantastic players, Osgood, Hudson, Webb, Bonetti, etc…

More importantly, we took the shed end in 1977/8 and at the time, they were meant to have the hardest set of fans in football, but we took them apart…I was 16, and always up for a good old punch up…Oh, happy feckin days…

7 Likes

Its one reason I fight PL records. Even the Henry assists one because when you accept one your on a tricky path.
All of a sudden 11 League titles go missing. Half of Ian Wright’s goal tally goes down.
Everyone quotes Shearer’s record in relation to Kane. Fucking hell Greaves doesn’t get a mention with over a 100 more.

1 Like

Precisely, I started in 2006, my generation grew up witnessing Chelsea winning stuff. That’s all it takes to capture the eyes of the young’uns. 2005-2010 Chelsea (apart from a season or two) was winning trophies and were in the headlines.

3 Likes

Overlooking Greaves’ sensational record really grates me.

1 Like

Nah…all Chelsea won in the good old days, was the best fashion, the players with the best haircuts, and, best place to buy Stanley Knives…Which by the way, was Barkers in Kensington High Street…

Oh, BTW, Leeds were quite tasty at the time, also… :muscle:

2 Likes

This is the existential issue that we are facing in my opinion. Anyone with a basic understanding of English football knows that a club like Chelsea or City can never hold a candle to Arsenal when it comes to history and tradition, but unfortunately that isn’t what matters to young people when choosing a team to support. If we go another 10-15 years of Chelsea winning leagues and Champions League titles and Arsenal being the banter club, we’ll have gone through an entire generation of kids latching on to Chelsea and seeing Arsenal as being like an Everton at that point, a club with good history but one that has become a memory. Me personally, I don’t even have a conception of Chelsea being a “small club” because since I’ve been watching football they’ve been the most successful one in the country.

3 Likes

You don’t even need a generation. Suburban parents these days in the USA are gonna walk out of Lids or Angelo’s with a City shirt for Aiden or Braiden or Jayden because a quick google will tell them that City is a cool and successful club.

3 Likes

Let’s put it this way. Rather Chelsea doing well than Spurs.

And rather City doing well than United.

I hate United and Spurs.

2 Likes

:joy::rofl: You guys have these names as well? Friend of my wife recently had a boy called Kaiden. Unfortunately Chavs from Jeremy Kyle (UK version of Maury) ruined all the “den” names.

1 Like

I’m naming my first born son Ninja Gaiden

6 Likes

3 Likes