Cesc Fabregas

I agree.
Most of the players that left for rival clubs probably had the best part of their careers here.
I don’t blame any of the players for leaving, it’s the club selling them to rivals that annoys me.
Like you say, I could see a few more going, if there is a poor transfer window and we struggle again next season because of the board’s lack of real investment.

1 Like

I don’t begrudge any player leaving if they do it in a classy way, the Ramsey one in the fact that he gave it his all in the last season. Same with RVP as much as he’s hated. I hate seen us become a feeder club for our rivals, it just makes us look weak and makes us a laughing stock. Players want to win titles and CL’s (besides Alexis who went for the money) if it’s not happening at Arsenal. Fan’s can’t get upset if they end up leaving us.

I think either Laca and Auba will give it another season,if we dont see CL football for another season or two then one is gone. I could see Bellerin going sooner then later as well depends if he comes back stronger from his injury. .Leno maybe if he get’s even better could be another who might look elsewhere. Massively important that the board show some ambition in the summer.

2 Likes

Fabregas giving Giroud some credit.
Also called out our players straight up for that second half performance.
Called this worse than the 8-2 against United. You can’t show up like this in a final. Unreal.

Fuck this little rat faced cunt.

3 Likes

Yeah, he screwed the club on the way out to Barca. Don’t give 2 shits about his opinion anymore.

4 Likes

Yeah he’s a fckin weasel. Why any Gooner still holds him in high esteem is beyond me.

4 Likes

Roasteeeed

5 Likes

Fuck this guy.

3 Likes

My captain.

1 Like

It’s Adrian Durham. He is a fisherman when it comes to Arsenal.

3 Likes

‘Don’t understand the sport’ - nicely put in place

Bergkamp’s fear of flying certainty impacted us in the Champions League.

1 Like

Well the season we should of won it we went out to Chelsea. I don’t think before then we’d adapted to the competition and we weren’t much better at home.

Initially we went out in the group stage 2 years running being battered at Wembley 4-2 by Barce in 2000.

In 2001 we went out on away goals to finalists Valencia but in 2002 lost home and away against Deportivo in the second group stage and drew and lost against Valencia in the second group in 2003.

So it wasn’t really until 2006 with Cesc that we were able to push on and to be fair circa 2010 we were unlucky Barce were as good as they were when we were putting together a top team.

Any specific games you can think of?

Valencia away away when they knocked us out in 2001 on the away goals in the quarter finals, also Valencia away matchday 6 in the 2nd group phrase when we lost by a single goal and needed a draw in 2003. Juventus away matchday 6 in 2002 when we lost and needed a result to go through.

@arsenescoatmaker makes a good point though, we did struggle at home at times in those years also as he points out.

3 Likes

Also Bergkamp was Ballon Dor runner up and 3rd place in '92 and '93 and Fifa World Player of the Year in 93 and 97. Won EPL Players Player of the Year and Player of the Year in '98. And won 2 UEFA Cups and 1 Cup Winners Cup

Also he was a number 10, not a number 9, so judging him only on goals is particularly ignorant

Also has a case for best first touch ever but fat guy probably thinks Lukaku is better

2 Likes

I absolutely love how you seem to be able to just reel off four or five matches from the early 2000s like its nothing, I’ve seen you do it before.

My memory is clearly fucked in comparison haha, no way could I confidently recall first and second group stages from way back then.

Like I could tell you that Valencia and that lanky shite John Carew fucked us over a couple times in the CL in approximately 01-03, but I’ve got nothing beyond that lol

5 Likes

Hahaha cheers @JakeyBoy, remembering Arsenal football matches from the last 20 years seems to be one of my talents :joy:.

3 Likes

I can remember who we lost to in cup competitions in the last 20 years… but then, I’m glass half empty

2 Likes

He throws out the bait and Arsenal supporters fall for it, hook, line, sinker and copy of the Angling Times.