Cesc Fabregas

Sorry, are we talking about Fabregas here still? That doesn’t sound right to me at all. I know quite a few weren’t happy with his perceived conduct, but I’m sure there were a lot of others like me who didn’t feel that way. “Biggest hate figure” doesn’t quite ring true to me

6 Likes

Biggest hate figure since Anelka and Cole is probably about right. He wasn’t thought of as “badly” as Anelka and Cole, and he didn’t leave as contentiously as some players after him (Nasri, RvC, Adebayor).

He still isn’t held in quite as high as esteem unanimously among Arsenal fans. His transfer away was inevitable and his unprofessional behaviour went some way to helping him secure that move.

Cesc = :heart: x100

#TrueLove #BFF #SpainIsDifferent #CescyMan

2 Likes

How come you’re awake?

Arseblog has done an exclusive interview with Cesc, available to listen to on his podcast:

Great interview if anyone wanted to listen :heart:

And we absolutely should have taken him back. A player of that quality was exactly what we needed to raise the quality of our midfield to what was required for Wengerball. Cazorla, Cesc and Özil would have been orgasmic levels of creativity and midfield guile / intelligence.

The fact he killed it at Chelsea and banged so many assists still hurts to this day. He is our legend but won a fucking PL with those cunts.

9 Likes

Did he confirm why he went i.e Wenger didn’t want him ?

Cesc had it written in his contract as a clause that Arsenal had first option for a week when Fabregas couldn’t speak to any other club but Arsenal if he ever was going to leave Barca. He really wanted to go back and asked but they snubbed him and didn’t reply.

So as he wanted to go back to London and the PL he joined Chelsea.

1 Like

Not the first time our stupidity re: transfers fucked us over. And not the last either. :joy:

1 Like

The way he left, left a very sour taste.

3 Likes

I didn’t like the way he left and I didn’t want him back at the time. He had one season of good football for Chelsea, then what? If he would have returned to Arsenal we would be begging for him to be sold a year or two after.

2 Likes

That would be overkill. We needed another Sanchez in stead of Cesc that summer. Or a proper striker in stead of Giroud.

2 Likes

True.

We already had Ozil. Signing Cesc would have veen stupid. Particularly when you consider what a snake he can be behind the scenes

1 Like

Cheers Cal was already aware of why just wondering if he explained in the podcast his view - im pretty sure we don’t know the real reasons !!

1 Like

He did explain his view on a lot of things. I don’t want to ruin it as it’s better you get to listen yourself. Give it a listen mo :+1:

2 Likes

Yea it’s a really good listen in fairness. I never really thought bad of him for going to Barca and after hearing this even less so.

7 Likes

Harsh to say only Nasri and van Persie were on his level, but probably true. It’s really no surprise they all wanted to leave as soon as they could.

1 Like

Nahh, I was totally against his comeback at that time…

I just can’t see how could you assemble a functioning, balanced midfield with him, cazorla and ozil. Obviously you’d have more than enough creativity, but what about defensive balance, runners into space, direct pacy players, etc… That was before cazorla even started playing as a CM, and it took him a while to settle there, and learn the defensive positioning… You’d have to push Ozil out on the wide where’s he’s not that effective… One of cazorla or cesc would have to play deeper, and that would leave us very exposed defensively… With a monster DM to cover for them, and with an extra direct player up front/wide (like Auba for example), it could work, but with Cesc alone at that time we wouldn’t get much in the end imo.

Arsenal were on decline and he would have been a luxury who would have had limited impact and Wenger was finished.
Worked out well for him in the end.

Just listened to the podcast. The bit where Cesc says Xabi Alonso was begging to join us :sob: Imagine if we’d had Fàbregas and Alonso in midfield together. Sexy!

3 Likes