Cedric Soares (17)

I don’t think that’s true. It’s no different to every other adult handling their financial situation and their career. I suppose most people aren’t confident enough to ask for a raise or apply for higher positions so perhaps it helps with that.

There’s a reason why plenty of agents are family members.

Sure it isn’t.

As Arsenal fans, we only see the role of Agents from our perspective.
In our views, it’s all rosy for players and they can do a fair bit of negotiation and be content with it.

But what happens to players like Henri Lansbury who started off with Arsenal but have to move down to further his career.
Do players have an extensive connection to approach the right club with needs in their positions?

Does a player have enough self awareness that he needs to go to Turkey rather than continue trying in PL for his betterment?

1 Like

How quaint.
The peoples friend…an agent.

Yeah, I definitely consider them to be “the people’s friend”. That is absolutely an honest and accurate representation of my opinion, good job.

There should be capping on agent fee and/or player salary

1 Like

The NFL is a very good case study on agents as the average career in the NFL is like 3 years, the salary on most contracts isn’t guaranteed and teams are limited on how much they can spend by a salary cap.

Having someone who understands technicalities and the market is essential because teams only interest is getting you as cheaply as possible whilst destroying your body in the process before arbitrarily cutting you. Every year there a new wave of hundreds of cheaper and younger player desperate to make a roster

Generally in life it’s good to have a professional opinion from someone not related to you. In the context of football, if you understand how the transfer process works agents are critically important. There’s a alot of dirty/grunt work that goes on behind the scenes that never gets highlighted in the media, that work should be compensated.

Even Raiola is loved by his clients

4 Likes

Hmm, so it seems despite AMN doing great at RB, neither he or Arteta see him as a fullback.

I guess it’s time to sink or swim for AMN then, as it looks like he will be given chances in CM as he desires then.

I have doubts whether he can do it there, but under Godteta anything is possible.

I don’t believe in those rules. What the biggest problem is, is that UEFA is hellbend on protecting its commercial interest with the how the Champions League and stuff is set up. Change that back to a more normal set up and everything else changes too.

Unable to understand.
Could you please elaborate

Why? This is a stupid idea. Clubs aren’t capped on how much revenue they bring in so why should the players have their earning capped?

So long as revenue continues to rise, the amount of money players earn should rise in line with this.

Ticket revenue is capped and not in line with exponential rise in player wages.
There should be regulations to keep fans’ welfare in mind.
Something has to give, wages or ticket prices.

Clubs hardly make profit

If it’s more appealing for a player to stay with Ajax than to go to Tottenham, agents have less incentives to create or want to make those moves happen. You make staying at Ajax or clubs of that stature more appealing by giving less protections to clubs from top four nations. The amount of entries, weighted draws etc.

1 Like

Just listening to Hasenhuttl’s press conference, he said ultimately for the club and Cedric Soares it was best to let the player leave given his contract situation. Also seemed to suggest he is still 3-4 weeks away from fitness. [@charles_watts]

1 Like

LOL

Didn’t realise he was injured, we love loaning injured players that can’t play for us :joy:

1 Like

To be fair, clubs shouldn’t make a profit.
Every penny should be reinvested back into strengthening the team.
The club are the supporters, it’s the only thing that remains constant, without them there is no club.

2 Likes

Idealistic but there are hardly any profit for it to be invested back.
Leicester in their prime are making 1.5m profit.
Real Madrid reported 50m profit.

Even if there is creative accounting in play, we are not looking at an amount more than a Pepe and half.

Sure the revenue for the clubs have increased but the wages are exponentially risen as well.
Rise in revenue should have resulted in lower ticket prices but we instead are stuck with mitigating that to the players like Ozil, Mustafi, Rashford.
Half the players on those wages don’t even make justice to it.

the only reason we’re signing him is because he’s injured, wouldn’t have looked twice otherwise :wink:

1 Like
1 Like