Cedric Soares (17)

Ah your right.

1 Like

Iā€™m prepared to die on this hill brother. English sources suck.

:laughing:

1 Like

To lose one Kyle Walker is unfortunate, to lose two is carelessness.

3 Likes

I think Soares is the perfect signing.

4-5 years PL experience, cheap, wonā€™t mind playing EL and cup games.

This was actually the exact kind of ā€œMonrealā€ type signing I wanted us to make at LB but Iā€™m pretty sure he can play LB and RB so thatā€™s great.

Apparently he hasnā€™t been in great form the last 18 months but Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be able to offer us exactly what we need out of him.

Very sensible signing.

7 Likes

When we announce Cedric hopefully we start Soaring up the table.

2 Likes

better then your one earlier, Cal

1 Like

Donā€™t remind him. Itā€™s a bit of a soarespot

9 Likes

donā€™t want to remind him of what he ced

7 Likes

That pun was so bad I think it said fuck Coronavirus, Iā€™m giving you SOARES

:sunglasses::sunglasses: :partying_face: :partying_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :flushed: :flushed: :joy: :joy:
:auba: :bellcry: :arteta: :chester: :cristo: :gabriel: :giroud2: :henry2: :hipster: :giroud3: :pepe2: :pires1: :poldi: :raul: :unai: :wenger: :wenger2: :xhaka2: :pepe1:

1 Like

Can you highlight the pun please, preferably with a unecessary capital letter and italic font. Oh wait :grin:

3 Likes

I agree, footballers arenā€™t the brightest but they are certainly greedy and if they did the negotiating themselves, like Pires used to do, then they would keep it all rather than paying a parasite.

There is nothing good about agents.
They constantly unsettle players and are only interested in leeching money off clubs and players.

1 Like

Agents are like Recruiters.

Constantly trying to get you to quit your job so they can flog you to another company to get their commission all the while flogging some other bastard to your old company to replace you to get another commission.

Big conflict of interest lol

4 Likes

We only ever hear the bad with agents. The ones doing their jobs getting fair payment never make the headlines. There are plenty operating that way rather than the gouging way.

Generally speaking, being a footballer and not having an agent or representative would be stupid. Barely any footballers are able to look after their financial interests as well as an agent can on their behalf. Theyā€™d constantly get taken to the cleaners by their clubs and theyā€™d undoubtedly get worse commercial deals.

This isnā€™t true and I think agents get an unfair rep in the media.

You have to understand a lot of agents are almost like advisors to players. A lot of players come from poor background and arenā€™t born into money and need to make enough money to last them the rest of their life after football. The career of a footballer is short and it is in their best interests to maximise their earnings. An agent puts his players in the best possible position to do that and the majority of agents genuinely look after their players.

Theyā€™re paid handsomely for what they do but they do a good job of making sure the player is paid a sum that reflects their value. If you took agents out the game youā€™d get a whole heap of clubs taking advantage of uneducated football players and paying them way below their worth and value.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a good reason for that.
From estate agents to music agents, I doubt if there are many that you could trust much further than you could throw a grand piano.

Agents remind me a bit about the use of stockbrokers in the financial world. Theyā€™re on one side of your deal, and on the other side of another knowing theyā€™ll profit by any sort of business happening.

At the same time they know the markets more than anyone else inside out so youā€™re at their mercy. Or even at times, they themselves can dictate the market.

Canā€™t live with them, canā€™t live without them.

1 Like

Iā€™ve used an estate agent twice. Hugely professional service and did something I couldnā€™t for a fair fee. Exactly what most football agents are doing for their clients.

No doubt there is scummy cunts in there too. Just like every profession.

1 Like

Iā€™m not entirely convinced by that.

Itā€™s not like being an agent is like being a lawyer or accountant or financial analyst that requires years of study and gruelling examinations.

A lot of the agents nowadays are just the players mates or cousins or whoever they trust.

Iā€™m sure most of them could say ā€œI want Ā£100k a week for 4 years or I goā€. Maybe it gets more complicated with image rights etc but then just hire a lawyer. I doubt most of the agents are that much more qualified even if they have to take that Fifa accreditation (which Iā€™m sure is a load of bollocks knowing Fifa).

Well I suppose that 95% of footballers, top athletes, musicians, comedians and television personalities might all have agents negotiate on their behalf for absolutely no good reason, because they like giving their money away for no good reason.

Or agents perform a worthwhile function, which is the side Iā€™d generally come down on.

1 Like