Cat Zouma

I think this obsession of living in a world of videoing everything plays a part here.
Playing to an audience. If it’s not for likes it’s shock ability shit.
I’ve seen people in work showing outrage on this who think nothing of sharing other videos of all sorts of horrible stuff.
There’s a modern day cultural issue that’s a bigger problem and there’s no age barrier on that.

3 Likes

Physically abusing a defenseless animal. In this case a cat. Is a whole different story than some ideological differences about, let’s say; pronouns.

You kick and hit a cat, you should be cancelled. And pronto.

He deserves reprimanding.

I can guarantee you, anyone touching my cat this way. It will end badly for that person.

8 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I think his actions are disgusting.

What I find very tiresome are the people who seem to live to be outraged by other peoples actions and seem to take a kind of glee in people getting cancelled. Not because they particularly care about what the person has done to get cancelled but because there’s an opportunity to stick it to someone.

3 Likes

In that case I agree

You just said you think he deserves cancelling. Is it OK to call for someone to be cancelled as long as you don’t take glee in it? Cos I don’t see you taking glee, but you seem fairly outraged.

What I’m getting is that you can cancel people when it fits your perspective, but you’ll still rail against cancel culture as a societal evil on here on the regular.

I don’t see it about being cancelled. At the end of the day he has done wrong and will face no punishment for it. Not even a fine (which obviously wouldn’t make an ounce of difference to him) or having the animal taken away from him so he can’t do this again. That’s bollocks and why people are still upset here.

8 Likes

Everything is about being cancelled these days.

Punishment and losing your job is different.

As per my previous stand, it’s not the club’s job to punish him and I have no problem with him playing yesterday.
I have a problem that he was not punished for animal abuse when a common asshole would have served some punishment.

4 Likes

That’s sure how people who get wound up by cancellation would like to frame it, but it’s not reality.

Agreed with this by the way.

1 Like

To be fair, BBC Breakfast had Chris Kirkland on (he’s involved in some animal charities) and he was not mincing his words about the situation or how he would have handled it in the dressing room if it was his teammate.

Then they had someone from the Blue Cross charity as well and again she seemed there for the right reasons.

Didn’t feel at all like it was just people on there trying to get airtime to show how virtuous they are, but I do know what you mean.

The Kirkland clip

1 Like

I don’t think the club should punish him, not their job. Like where would they even begin? Is one match on the bench enough? Is there even a protocol for this?

Feels like dropping him would only be to protect him from immediate backlash from fans/journos. Making him play and keeping him in the spotlight could be more of a punishment it could be argued.

8 Likes

I literally explained the difference jakeyboy.

Canceling over pronouns isn’t the same as cancelling someone over physically abusing an animal.

Not continuing this argument with you.

I get this, though personally I would have taken him out of the firing line. Moyes didn’t pick him to punish him. That was clear from his tone deaf comment.

1 Like

Thanks for explaining, I didn’t realise it was just pronouns that you are stridently anti-cancel culture about. I thought it was cancel culture generally that you took issue with.

Leaving that aside, what exactly do you mean when you say Zouma deserves cancelling for this?

You’re a native English speaker if I am not mistaken. Surely you can understand the meaning of this then.

2 Likes

That’s just drawing an arbitrary line about what you personally care about and what you don’t though. If people care more about pronouns than animals that’s their business. I don’t agree with them but they have a right to feel how they feel.

1 Like

Yes indeed it’s my opinion that there is a huge difference between those two topics.

I am not continuing this topic with you either. Hope your comprehension of the English language is better than Jakey’s.

Personally l feel it’s over the top the level of punishment many want to dish out to dickhead Zuma.
Kirkland saying his career should more or less end is bulling even a witch-hunt. If Saha did the same no way would Liverpool end his career .
Fat bird from charity giving it big understandably.
Complete cruel idiot but life goes on , sorry for the cat but it is only a cat .
Prosecute if you want , take the animals away , fine him but there is where it should end.

1 Like

You said you weren’t continuing the argument, what I then did was ask you a separate question about what canceling Zouma would look like, it wasn’t part of the argument you didn’t want to have. Answer or don’t, I don’t really care, but the question wasn’t part of the argument that we didn’t even end up having.