Carl Jenkinson

Professional football player who doesn’t get to play football, not even for his boyhood club.

At this point, he is like the visitor with extended tour pass.

2 Likes

According to this logic half of all Premier League footballers should retire and we would have squads of 14/15 players.

That is assuming none of them try to do their best to break into first XI or look for a move.

I love Arsenal with all my heart but if I had spent a long time at the club and my greatest achievement was appeasing the shit reddit generation with their idiotic memes then yeh I think I’d count my blessing for my time there and move on to somewhere I was playing week in week out.

Even if it meant less money, within reason of course.

Life is not that long, every year lost not improving & achieving something is just waste of a precious life.

Never settle for laid back job profile even if it pays you well. You don’t wanna look back at your life regretting how much you could have potentially achieved.

I did that mistake and wasted good amount of years sulking about life. I came out of that comfort zone and I am enjoying my work, despite it eating away my sleep & personal life.

That’s your opinion bruv. At the end of the day a lot of what we do is about creating a certain standard of life for yourselves and your close ones. It’s not always or for everybody about ‘achievements’. In the former he succeeded I reckon.

What does it all mean when you don’t have people to share it with in your personal life anyway😅? You’re busting your balls for your boss or do you have an own business?

Each to their own. I personally will never get into a comfort zone and just waste away my life.

I don’t and I have made peace with that.
If we don’t do our best because it benefits someone else, world will just be bunch of lazy fucks.

Because spending time with friends/family, experiencing new things etc in stead of working 50/60 (not sure how much you work tbf) hours and having control that your life, like you’re saying, is wasting it? I would argue the contrary.

But indeed. Too each their own.

I see both sides of the argument but lean slightly towards Castiel’s, he’s stuck in a sort of limbo where he’s not Arsenal quality but then he is good enough to play in a Championship team that could challenge for the title + promotion.

Surely that would be a better thing to look back on when he’s 40 than his contributions at Arsenal thus far.

Also I doubt he’s on massive wages here so any drop down to Championship wages wouldn’t be massive, especially when you factor in appearance bonuses there vs. no extras here

Most people view Jenkinson in purely condescending terms now (e.g “is he still here?), sad really.

3 Likes

I think now you’re romanticizing the Championship a bit. How can it be a ‘good’ thing to end up there :rofl:?

I’m saying that on his career CV a Championship winning medal would look better than being known as that guy that gets the ironic cheers when he gets a game, and is so disregarded at Arsenal now that he isn’t even our “HES ONE OF OUR OWN” guy (Iwobi), despite being the most Arsenal person ever (that bedroom pic)

2 Likes

You do realize that you can achieve both.

Some work & some personal life > No work & plenty of personal life

But did she say that?

He has played for us twice in the PL, since he came back off loan from West Ham.
So if he is on around 30k a week that means for each game he’s played it’s cost the club more than a million pound for each PL appearance.
Nice work if you can get it.

Why would you limit that to PL though? We don’t want him playing there, he ain’t good enough for it.

It’s ten appearances overall.

Early rounds of the domestic or Europa League are used for fringe players and we should be able to carry a few of them but PL matches are far more important.
But I agree, he shouldn’t be playing in them.

It’s a free season, give Carl a run for his money at least and let’s see what he’s got. Nobody asked for him to be a starter but he could be a useful asset if given the chance. Doubt Stephan is staying for next season anyway.

2 Likes

‘Do you all remember how Carl Jenkinson won the EFL Championship? How great that was for him.’ LOL. Do people honestly give that much about/for 2nd division football on your Island?

Probably depends on the size of the side. Wigan, Bournemouth, Blackpool, Burnley, Cardiff would find it pretty major id think.