Carl Jenkinson

Nope.

2 Likes

Harsh a.f.

1 Like

I have to be consistent.

2 Likes

I think heā€™s got it in him to be a long serving defensive back up and squad player.

I hope thereā€™s still a chance for him.

3 Likes

He was so close to scoring as well today haha.

He actually fits into Emeryā€™s setup well cause he has pace, energy and a decent delivery. Heā€™s the exact kind of fullback that you want bombing forward.

1 Like

And exactly the type of fullback you donā€™t want to be relying on to get backā€¦

Big fan of his personally but heā€™s never been good enough.

1 Like

Lad has the heart and clearly loves Arsenal, but heā€™s a championship player at best. Actually his best footballing season wasnā€™t actually with us but with his first loan spell at West Ham. Iā€™d sell him off and get some profit on him, I know he has a special place with the fans but heā€™s not going to make it here or with any PL club imo.

Oh no doubt, Im just thinking thatā€™s why Emery has at least kept him in the squad.

I think itā€™s more that he was here, had no offers to leave and we had a spot in the squad. Big injury list aside he was never getting near the first team I donā€™t think.

Iā€™m sure he wasnā€™t, but do you think heā€™d be a worse option than Lichtsteiner at this point if weā€™re in trouble? I genuinely donā€™t.

One game and people back on the letā€™s give him a chance ish.

Heā€™s not good enough, heā€™s been riding the pine for that reason. When Wenger gives up on you, youā€™re done. Sure heā€™s a nice lad but one game against some dead opposition doesnā€™t much.

After heā€™s secured every penny from the contract Iā€™ll wish him well in the Championship.

No, absolutely given current circumstances there could be cause to use him in a real match.

1 Like

Yeah thereā€™s probably no debating that in most cases

Given heā€™s supposedly in the top 30% of EPL earners makes him extremely difficult to sell.

1 Like

thats why weā€™re in such a state, given contracts to bang average talent.

1 Like

Yasss! And wear ur dog walking shirt šŸ–’šŸ˜

2 Likes

Has he actually had many bad games for us? I seem to recall him being okay, going on loan and being okay, going on loan and being worse, and going on loan and being not great, but I canā€™t remember thinking he was a waste of space when actually playing for us.

2 Likes

Yeah agreed, I was actually thinking that tonight. He never kicked on for the clubs he was loaned too, but heā€™s never had a standout bad game for us and there have been games like City and Bayern where he actually looked the business.

1 Like

I mean he wasnā€™t the only culprit and it was one of his first games, but he was a defender during the 8-2 iā€™m pretty sure.

1 Like