Calum Chambers

No attachment to any of them. Get the cash in and hopefully the next guys are better.

1 Like

Agree with this, the thing is heā€™s one of the only decent options with resale value, we canā€™t offload the other ones because theyā€™re simply not good enough for other clubs too, pisses me off that weā€™re stuck with all this deadwood.

1 Like

Sad face

2 Likes

What we saying lads? Bob, Calum and Sokratis to go this window?
King Mustafi to stay and boss it?

Chambers would be the last one I sell of the 19/20 crop of defenders we have. He was performing well before his injury, and his versatility fills a lot of holes for us.

Holding, Mustafi and Sokratis should go first if possible. But Chambers has a bigger market I suppose so just have to sell whoever we can for the best money possible.

7 Likes

Another fucking business and decision by the club

Yeah fuck off to Leeds please. That helps in the relegation dream. Off you pop son.

Harsh :weary:

Leeds arenā€™t getting relegated. You might want to accept that now to save the heartache later on :smile:

They play Liverpool first game. My dreams alive.

Looking forward to seeing him at RCB.
Heā€™s already training with the boys.

Shouldnā€™t have ditched the long hair btw. He always had shitty haircuts but this one actually looked good on him. :joy:

7 Likes

Always liked Chambers. Heā€™s not a world beater but you can be confident heā€™ll try his best. Hope he kicks it up a notch and can solidify a place in this squad.

2 Likes

Oh of course @Midfield_Maestro was the first to like this. Rumour has it he has a big poster of Chambers on his ceiling in his bedroom so itā€™s the last thing he sees before he goes to sleep.

Chambers is one of our longest serving players and certainly our longest serving CB, of which there are many, and the most versatile defensive player we have.

Although he was a record signing by Wenger, heā€™s not going to be a top European defender and he is also injury prone, but he is reliable, with a good attitude and, as cover in defence, one of the best we have.

Iā€™m glad we didnā€™t offload him because there are plenty of defenders Iā€™d much rather see leave before him and most of them are still here.

1 Like

Is he? I donā€™t remember him being injured apart from his ACL last Christmas

1 Like

You say that like itā€™s a bad thing.

I might be wrong then, in which case heā€™s even more useful than I thought and we definitely should keep him.

2 Likes

Better than Holding, thatā€™s for sureā€¦

Could be worse I suppose. He could have mirrors on the ceiling. Thatā€™s just creepy.

You say that like itā€™s a bad thing. :thinking: