Bundesliga

watching Leverkusen smash Augsburg, Lucas Alario scores by nutmegging the goalkeeper with a back heel :sweat_smile: can’t remember ever seeing that? Though it sounds like something Zlatan probably did at some point lol

Also Diaby got a hattrick.

Somebody tell Sane athletes don’t get any effects from Covid and to stop making excuses.

He should also stop smiling. Real men don’t smile when they play sports.

Poor excuses, Jokic got it and won the MVP and Gundogen was arguably player of the season :grinning:.

Leverkusen toying with BvB right now, Florian Wirtz is sooo good, would’ve loved to have him here.

1 Like

See the result today?? :grin::grin::clap::clap: when Arteta is sacked the club would be very smart to go out and grab my boy. We arent that smart tho rip :skull::skull::sob::sob:

4 Likes

Must of loved that result today ey @BigWeng_4LYFE your guy Seoane.

3 Likes

I just got up and saw the scores, instantly thought of you dude.

1 Like

Dortmund model not winning anything again this season.

4 Likes

“Model”

2 Likes

Goes to show that without Klopp, Dortmund are a mediocre club who would be midtable if not for the state of that league.

Dortmund were European champions in the 90s

Pfft thirty years ago

They haven’t had their best player, and the guy who carried them, for what seven games?

Guerreiro has been hurt, Hazard, Reyna was out for like ten weeks.

They made some awful buys (older guys who don’t fit the model like resigning Hummels), and hired a coach who looked wrong from the start.

If you want to clown them for leaking five goals, that’s fine but at least get the facts right.

Their disappointing season has nothing to do with accumulating young talent.

How about selling better players. That had an effect.
Reason for selling better players = ambition =model.
So they’ll get big money for Haaland and go cheap and cheerful again.
Max out on profit but always fall short on success. Unless as seems the case profit is definition of that at this club.
Farmers league gives them that luxury that wouldn’t work here.

They’ve been closer to winning the league than Arsenal have in the last ten years. Been to a UCL final.

And arguably they don’t even follow the Dortmund model anymore. It’s just shorthand for saying “grow and buy young talent to form a core and supplement them with older more experienced players while being able to generate money to buy players from strategically selling some of that young talent.” It’s not particularly revolutionary imo. Maybe because the NBA, NFL and Major League Baseball all do this.

The big obstacle for Dortmund is that they’re consistently running into a Bayern team that is able to turn over without losing any ground. They have a total stranglehold on the German market and because of the 50+1 rule there’s no space for a City Group to buy idk Augsburg and turn them into Augsburg City and mount a legitimate challenge.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s anything to admire about a model that seemingly is obsessed with promoting financial growth. Dortmund have raised significant sums over the last few years from the sales of some big talent. Yet they haven’t won anything because they’re effectively taking the money and then reinvesting fractions of it in young talent with the hope they can sell that talent on again for big profit.

If I was a fan of a club who had more of a reputation for telling top talent then trying to find the next top talent to sell over winning things and competing for big honours I wouldn’t be very happy.

Outside of the odd challenge (where you never believe they’re gonna do it) for the Bundesliga they’re looking at a decade without a league title by the end of the next season. They never pushed on from the 2011-13 success and all they’ve got to show for it now is a positive bank balance

2 Likes

Erm
:confused:

1 Like

Who said it was obsessed with promoting financial growth?

I certainly didn’t.

It’s just imo a logical way to run a club if you’re not able to spend unlimited money.

The goal is to win while not going bankrupt. So this is just one way to do it.

I think a model that’s obsessed with promoting financial growth looks more like Brentford which I do not admire at all because, as far as we know, it only looks at numbers and data.

Any club generating over €400m in revenue every year can afford to spend a bit more without going bankrupt. They could easily have reinvested the Sancho money this year and brought in two higher quality talent rather than constantly trying to outsmart the market with no actual on field success to show for it.

2 Likes