Bundesliga

Nkunku 1-0

Big Unai knew ball

Malen having a torrid time in Germany so far. Think we dodged another bullet.

1 Like
1 Like

Want to feel old?

Anybody starting to have their doubts about some of Bundesligaā€™s prime talents?

Too many of them flopping in the PL. KDB the last one to have a successful transition? Maybe Sane before his attitude issues?

Edit: Shit, forgot about Auba. That was certainly a successful transition.

Hopefully people will learn that itā€™s got nothing to do with where a player is signed from and everything to do with the team heā€™s coming to.

Sancho didnā€™t learn how to stop playing football over night this guy is legit. He proved it in Europe and the league. The reality is that he had a very well defined role in a well coached team and now heā€™s playing in a totally different and alien environment.

Salah was a 15 goal a season player in Italy, heā€™s a 30 goal a season player in England. Does that mean itā€™s harder to play in Italy? Not at all. It just means he moved to a team that found the perfect formula to harness his abilities.

The reality is it doesnā€™t matter where you sign a player from. You just need to make sure that said player will fit into the teams way of playing, coaching methods and other environmental / social factors and shit like that

4 Likes

Yeah was wondering the same, especially for Dortmund, none of their big players that leave bundesliga seem to work out

1 Like

Firmino and Son were signed in 2015 like de Bruyne, so they should get a mention too.

But in terms of players signed post 2015ā€¦ Soyuncu and Gundogan are the two names that stand out most that havenā€™t been mentioned in this thread.

Gundoga is a good shout.
Soyuncu has been found out no? One good season in three so far, his fourth is currently underway but I doubt he reaches the highs he hit in his second season.

You forgot about Xhaka as well. He was signed in 2016.

This has to be my least favourite agenda on here. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah maybe, I donā€™t watch Leicester too much so very possible Iā€™m crediting him based on one good season a couple seasons ago, just going off what I perceive to be a generally positive vibe about him.

If Iā€™m wrong then it probably further highlights the point you made at the start, if at best I could give you two examples, one of which may not be a good example lol.

2 Likes

Finally, an agenda more despised than my heroic attempt to expose Eden Hazard as a fraud.

Itā€™s not an agenda though. Genuinely think he isnā€™t appreciated enough by majority of our fans.

1 Like

Maybe, maybe in five or six years when he finally leaves and thereā€™s some distance Iā€™d reevaluate him. But for me, thereā€™s too much bad stuff in terms of his play, bad stuff in terms of soft factors that only supporters care about and bad stuff in terms of how we built a team around a guy with so many flaws just because he was always healthy and we still had shitty midfield.

To even up the Bundesliga and Prem Reiss Nelson is just as bad in both.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind Xhaka.

Calling him a success of 35 million pound transfer is laughable though mate.

1 Like

What are we meant to appreciate? I just donā€™t get what it is you want the fans to appreciate Xhaka for? The countless mistakes? The rash tackles? The red cards? The unnecessary bookings? The poor positioning? The lack of athleticism? The repetitive passes? The lack of humility?

I remember when he spoke about how heā€™d outgrown the club yet this cunts biggest suitor was Roma in the summer and they wouldnā€™t stump up more than Ā£12m for him.

9 Likes

See this is my point. This is the agenda.

What makes you think that doesnā€™t constitute an agenda though?

Sounds like your agenda is that he isnā€™t appreciated enough.

Lol, those are legitimately his flaws thoooooo

1 Like