Bukayo Saka (7)

His pen still had a good save on the other end. It wasn’t hitting some lady in row Z nor was it as bad as Rashford’s or Jorgohino’s.

I’d be looking at England’s cowardly tactics after grabbing the early lead for the real reason for the loss.

Shame that Saka was the last one to take.

Hope that he can move on quickly.:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Anyone who takes a penalty in a major final has my respect

10 Likes

I ain’t putting it on Rashford either, nor Sancho

Blame the coach

2 Likes

Can’t believe he died for this

3 Likes

Saka is a fucking hero, was amazing all tournament :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

All the people who’ve been rooting against England all tournament queueing up to claim their respect for an English teenager taking a penalty for England in a tournament that in a lot of cases their own nations weren’t good enough to even dream of getting to a stage like this.

Before then rooting for an English club in the English league. Plastic respect from plastic Arsenal fans.

4 Likes

what is the problem to show respect to a young footballer as a football fan?

2 Likes

Where were Stelring and Grealish? Putting all the pressure on a 23 year old, a 20 year old and a 19 year old.

Anyway, we’ll take this as a good omen. We’ve seen many greats miss pensearly in their career. Banking on Saka to prove people wrong next season and in the WC.

1 Like

Hey they got a cheer when he missed!

I get hating English fans but this team is fucking down to earth. Horrible seeing Saka burden it all now like Southgate ffs

Tou can’t defend Rashfords penalty
No player of his ability should miss .
That’s just living in cloud cuckoo land if you honestly think any different

2 Likes

That’s the thing, it was a decent pen, not the best. But it took a good save for it to not go in, and was nowhere near as bad as Belotti, Rashford or Jorginho misses.

Jorginhos was the worst of the lot.

Rest in piss that awful Ballon D’Or claim.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Can’t bring a player on for penalties though. Just stick with the line up, got disaster all over it when you switch it up for something that is more on isntinct

2 Likes

Why are you zeroing in on Rashford?

Shit happens

This is very unfair Ash. We’ve seen many greats miss important pens. Rashford shouldn’t be ashamed about anything. Shit happens.

Saka will go right to the top as he has an elite mentality.

Grealish probably comfortable being the big man at Villa. Bottler

4 Likes

I have every faith in Arsenal twitter to just smother him with love.

He’ll ultimately come back stronger for this. Balls the size of watermelons to take the fifth over several other fucking cowards in the squad.

That’s the kind of mentality that makes a top player.

Fuck me though, I’m especially heartbroken for the fact that he missed the decisive one, it just seems especially cruel.

9 Likes

I didn’t really care who won today as a neutral but I’m so down right now, just feel so bad for the kid. He’ll get slaughtered and he shouldn’t have been in that position, I don’t care if he asked for it or whatever you CANNOT give that level of responsibility to a 19 year old who isn’t even a good penalty taker. It’s just so so wrong, I can’t believe that.

3 Likes

Did you actually see his penalty
FFS , it’s the final of a European Trophy
PUT YA FUCKING FOOT THROUGH THE BALL not piss about with it

I’m literally distraught just for him. Why did it have to be him ffs

8 Likes